Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassislife

Casilla-out for the season?!

15 posts in this topic

What has everyone else been hearing about Casilla and his injury? It sounds like he may be out the rest of the season. His injury in his thumb was similar to tolbert's with the same ligament torn, so that isn't good. He's going to see a doctor today so let's pray. We just have to hope for the best and update each other here.

That's what Patrick Ruesse has been saying on kstp. Twins org. is keeping quiet about this until trading deadline passes. Just hope they make a deal because Everett just won't do.

There was some talk during the game tonight of a possible trade with the orioles for Brian Roberts. That might not be to bad for the season.

One can only hope they play Everett only when they have to, or better yet, not at all!

What is with all of these [PoorWordUsage] HAND injuries?!?! How irritating is that.

Of course the Twins would keep quiet about this around the deadline. We know they aren't going to make a move, so it would upset fans even more to know we aren't making a move without a soild starting second-basemen.

mad

I just read that he's undergoing season ending surgery. The Twins were trying to keep it quiet but Casilla let the cat out of the bag.

'

They are in tough shape, for sure....

It will be a suprise if the Twins make a trade that would be worth anything. That would be for the Yankees or Boston, nor Minnesota.

It would not break my heart to see Biff Bonser go via trade. We really could use a right bat. bring Cuddy back play him at third. Busher to 2nd.

I really think the Twins need to make a move and get a bat in their line-up after reading what the Sox just did.

Just read that the Reds are shipping Ken Griffey Jr to the Sox, now that will be some line-up to go against.

Our softball team has a few "fillers" available and are sitting by the phones waiting for the Twins to call. wink You know they aren't going to make a move. Seen this morning what Seattle is asking in return for Beltre. At least one of the following...Blackburn, Baker, Slowey, Perkins or Span. Auh...that would be a NO! Plus pick up a 12 mil on Beltre for next year... laugh

Uhm...am I missing something? Punto is a great defensive 2nd baseman and is hitting .290. Yeah, it hurts to loose someone like Casilla, but the Twins will not make a big trade and Punto will be just fine in that spot.

Harris is a solid ss and Buscher is prooving to be a good 3b guy and is hitting way beyond expectations.

Cuddy will be back soon, then we can dump Monroe and things will be rosy again. (as soon as Liriano replaces Livan) smile

Punto is a .290 hitter in limited duty. He's not a legit hitter. Love him as a utility player, but he's overexposed as an everyday guy. Watch his average start to slide if he's in the linup 6 days a week.

Casilla might be the biggest blow of the year after the way he's sparked the top of the lineup the last few months.

I wouldn't be upset to see blackburn go...And punto is still having issues with his injury. Either way I am dome bound tonight!