Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toughguy

2008 NFL preview

19 posts in this topic

Where did I put that hammer so I can smash that image. I have a hard enough time to get to sleep.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. ARE YOU WORKING FOR THE OTHER SIDE. crazy

i figured that already had been done. just read the article on espn.com

I'm a big vikings fan, it would be a great fit, but it still looks very very wrong.

That's it, I threw up in my mouth a little sick .

I don't know, maybe if we could get used to it, it would be good and Tjack would get another year. But the BF has no track record of helping young QB's.

Who cares about Tjack or next year. JUST WIN BABY!!!

I'm sure Booty would be willing to give up #4 too.

Favre a Favorite to Play With Vikings Say Oddsmakers

If Brett Favre comes back to play during the 2008/2009 season, it will be with the Minnesota Vikings - not the Green Bay Packers. This is the opinion of one online gambling HSOforum that has placed odds of 1/2 on Favre playing with the Vikings as opposed to the 1/1 odds of him playing with the Packers.

BetUS.com released the odds on Wednesday.

"Brett Favre may well be the third greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL, and as such he will be missed dearly" stated BetUS.com spokesman Reed Richards. "Our expert oddsmakers felt it necessary to provide fans with a sense of closure, and some idea as to what he will be up to next."

Tim Froberg of the Post-Crescent writes on the impact of Favre emerging this upcoming season as a Viking or Bear:

For most Packers fans, bizzaro world is Brett Favre donning the dreaded purple of the Vikings or the nightmarish navy blue of the Bears.

Favre in a Minnesota or Chicago uniform? That's like Clark Kent stepping into a phone booth and emerging as … Lex Luthor.

Still, it can happen. Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star says the scenario is not likely, however.

"Despite the fact many have speculated Minnesota would be an ideal landing place for Favre, the Packers aren’t going to let that happen. The only way Favre ends up with the Vikings or Bears — two clubs that would seem like pretty good fits — is if the Packers release him. No matter how much Green Bay General Manager Ted Thompson wants Favre to go away, he isn’t going to simply let Favre walk. It would be too dangerous because he knows that Favre might sign with one of the Packers’ arch-rivals because he’s, well, Favre."

In my mind If Favre ends up playing for the Vikes and wins any games or even the superbowl there would be an asterisk after each win. Winning is great but not at the cost of loosing the Identity of the team.

This is not a slam on Favre or the Packers if anything it is a recognition to what Favre and the Packers have done. Favre is a Packer and any team who may get him Packer land can take part ownership in any success or failure(I had to put failure in there being I'm a Viking fan grin)he brings to the team he plays for.

In my mind If Favre ends up playing for the Vikes and wins any games or even the superbowl there would be an asterisk after each win. Winning is great but not at the cost of loosing the Identity of the team.

This is not a slam on Favre or the Packers if anything it is a recognition to what Favre and the Packers have done. Favre is a Packer and any team who may get him Packer land can take part ownership in any success or failure(I had to put failure in there being I'm a Viking fan grin)he brings to the team he plays for.

I tend to agree, look at some of the other greats. You had Montana, Rice, Emmit Smith, and many many more. Just never looked right seeing them in other uniforms. I guess it's the way of free agency though.

Anyone remember how much the packer fans HATED Moss? Then he became available and they wanted him in Green Bay. I realize that Moss is no Bret Favre but it would be nice. Imagine that line with AD and #4. I have always, and will always, hate the Packer team but I especially hate their delusional fans. To me this would be the best way to stick it to all those Packer fans that I've hated over the years.

Likewise. It would make me laugh to see an actual purple #4 line up as the Vikings QB...the Vikings fan's most hated player of all time, now controlling their destiny.

Priceless.

That being said, I'd rather Favre stay retired and be remembered as a life-long Packer (forget that stint in ATL which meant nothing). If he wouldn't have retired after this past season I'd been happy to be able to watch him another year too, but since he did it's time to move on because if he does end up playing for GB the soap opera will continue the entire season about him staying around and whether or not Rodgers should be in there instead. If he does play elsewhere the Vikings would be my choice because I could get a lot of mileage out of that one. grin

I agree. The Pack HATED Moss, but when he became available...they fell all over themselves screeming to sign him.

The Pack have done little with their team to please Favre. In a way, he is "getting back at them". Hard to do when they consider him a legend.

So, the Timberwolves won the Championship this year for Garnett won? No...we can take a little pride in that Garnett won...but MN did not win.

Pack fans saying that they will have more pride than ever if Favre plays for us are kidding themselves.

You guys can have him. Even with our Weak QB's, I don't want to see him in a Bear uniform. Good Luck though, remember Favre Has 5 wins to 10 losses in the metrodome for his career, actually I hope you get him, might even the odds for our trip up there. He Sucks in Domes.

NO THANKS...he's washed up.

There is no way he brings what he brought to the table last year.

He was mediocre for 9 years and played well last year.

We don't need him.

I would have to agree that if he comes back, it would make sense to be in the Humpty dome. He is a southern boy and can't handle the tundra in December and January anymore. As a realistic Vikes fan, he would be ten times better than TJack. I don't believe that kid will ever get it. I would love to be proven wrong though. I just can't imagine the pack letting him come over here without giving away the team for years to come. I also agree that since he is the one that pulled the plug, stay retired and a PACKER legend.

The numbers he posted last year wouldn't indicate he was washed up.

Comp Att % Yards Avg. TD Int Rtng

356 535 66.5 4,155 7.8 28 15 95.7

The guy has averaged 26 TD passes a season. He has made decent WR's look good. I would definitely take him on the Vikes.

I would have to agree that if he comes back, it would make sense to be in the Humpty dome. He is a southern boy and can't handle the tundra in December and January anymore. As a realistic Vikes fan, he would be ten times better than TJack. I don't believe that kid will ever get it. I would love to be proven wrong though. I just can't imagine the pack letting him come over here without giving away the team for years to come. I also agree that since he is the one that pulled the plug, stay retired and a PACKER legend.

And what's his record in the dome? Don't want him here myself.