• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should have stayed home...

hanson

In retrospect, we had no business being on the river fishing last night. I'd like to think we could make a smart decision when dangerous weather threatens, but when you got flatheaditis bad, logical thinking won't prevail.

The night started out on a good note, ducking for cover!

"I am Cornholio!" grin

061208cornholiodk9.jpg

Rain was pounding down at a good clip but this flathead still wanted to come out and play with Aanderud.

38" x 26" = 29lbs

**KOTC upgrade points for Aanderud!**

061208aanderud38x26flatos6.jpg

It was decided a move was in order after catching that fish so we motored to a new spot with lightning showing us the way. After getting the baits in the water, it was cell phone weather radar time. We were so going to get killed by the orange & red blobs moving our way. It appeared there was a small gap in the storm line that we "might" slip through so we kept at it.

Was a good idea as this girl bit shortly after that...

42" x 28" = 38lbs

**KOTC upgrade points for Hanson!**

061208hanson42x28flatheus6.jpg

Another look... this fish got tangled up in the line and came into the boat green, at which point she decided to chew all the skin off the back of my left hand. Note the blood! It hurts worse than it looks, trust me. Nothing like taking a wood wrasp and scraping it across the back of your knuckles. From now on, the spot will forever be known as "Knuckles 38". grin

061208hanson42x28flatheih7.jpg

Was a fun time guys and it was nice to get home early for a change and catch up on sleep. Early = 1:30am. grin

Stay Home?????

What fun is that?

Glad I could occupy a rod holder last night. smirk

I can't believe I didn't get any upgrade points last night too. frown

Yes, that was a whine wink

I'm hoping there are 2 upgrades for me WWG and you fall to 4th. grin

Good luck my friend.

Any upgrades Tom?

WWG upgraded by a couple pts with a beauty 31lb fish.

The fish wouldn't let us leave last night. We decided to try something different and after sitting at a usual spot all night we instead scouted around and tried some spots that neither of us has fished this year.

I guess it was a good idea with 7 fish boated:

Should be a good time out there for Moores Contest on Sat