Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Should have stayed home...

10 posts in this topic

In retrospect, we had no business being on the river fishing last night. I'd like to think we could make a smart decision when dangerous weather threatens, but when you got flatheaditis bad, logical thinking won't prevail.

The night started out on a good note, ducking for cover!

"I am Cornholio!" grin

061208cornholiodk9.jpg

Rain was pounding down at a good clip but this flathead still wanted to come out and play with Aanderud.

38" x 26" = 29lbs

**KOTC upgrade points for Aanderud!**

061208aanderud38x26flatos6.jpg

It was decided a move was in order after catching that fish so we motored to a new spot with lightning showing us the way. After getting the baits in the water, it was cell phone weather radar time. We were so going to get killed by the orange & red blobs moving our way. It appeared there was a small gap in the storm line that we "might" slip through so we kept at it.

Was a good idea as this girl bit shortly after that...

42" x 28" = 38lbs

**KOTC upgrade points for Hanson!**

061208hanson42x28flatheus6.jpg

Another look... this fish got tangled up in the line and came into the boat green, at which point she decided to chew all the skin off the back of my left hand. Note the blood! It hurts worse than it looks, trust me. Nothing like taking a wood wrasp and scraping it across the back of your knuckles. From now on, the spot will forever be known as "Knuckles 38". grin

061208hanson42x28flatheih7.jpg

Was a fun time guys and it was nice to get home early for a change and catch up on sleep. Early = 1:30am. grin

Nice fish. I thought about going out but the weather kept me home. I guess I don't have that flathead bug that bad yet.

I was out in henderson last night. I decided to pack it in when the 9 pm siren went off early and stayed on. I did manage one fish before leaving.

Stay Home?????

What fun is that?

Glad I could occupy a rod holder last night. smirk

I can't believe I didn't get any upgrade points last night too. frown

Yes, that was a whine wink

Wow, you guys are nuts out in that weather. Nice fish though. Way to go diehards!!

"Knuckles 38" Got to love it.

Great fish Guys, Way to Hammer it out in the storms.

I must be turning into a Woossie as I get old. whistle

I'll take the Hot sweaty buggy nights over the rainys.

I HATE being out of town for work!!!!!!!

First to third in two days....

I'll be out tonight though........there's an upgrade with my name on it somewhere.

I'm hoping there are 2 upgrades for me WWG and you fall to 4th. grin

Good luck my friend.

I'm hoping there are 2 upgrades for me WWG and you fall to 4th. grin

Good luck my friend.

Any upgrades Tom?

WWG upgraded by a couple pts with a beauty 31lb fish.

The fish wouldn't let us leave last night. We decided to try something different and after sitting at a usual spot all night we instead scouted around and tried some spots that neither of us has fished this year.

I guess it was a good idea with 7 fish boated:

Should be a good time out there for Moores Contest on Sat

Nope, very slow night without one run. Tonight maybe better with a new spot to hit closer to you. I figure after two skunks in a row, you know the saying.