Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
eyewarrior

Best brand of flourocarbon

I used 6# trilene flourocarbon when it 1st came out. I wasn't very impressed with knot strength. I couldn't get a good knot tying either a polamar or a trilene knot. I haven't wanted to spend the money to see if its any better now!

What brand have FMers found to work well? Is Trilene flouro any better now?

Looking for opinions on flouro not advice on how to tie knots. I know my knot tying isn't the problem I can get good knots on Trilene XL, XT, and Fireline.

eyewarrior

I have used transition before and sometimes i got great knot strength other times not.(No Pun Intended) I cant really comment on the best but I too would like to know what people opinions are on it. One thing I do is lubricate my knot before I cinch it up usually with saliva. Also whats type of knots work best with florucarbon?

Yo Zuri is good, but its not a true fluorocarbon line. I have liked the transition fluoro, but you are right be sure to wet the knot before snugging.

I have heard good things about the Triline fluoro too, but its a bit spendy.

Most flouro lines have been out there for a few years now, most of it has been refined or removed from the market.

What do you mean Yozuri is not a true hybrid?

It's the only true hybrid, it uses a flourocarbon crystal line coating over a nylon line. Allowing it to have superior knot strength to all other flourocarbon line, as well as superior line strength to most other mono lines.

All other flourocarbon line deposited flourocarbon crystals withing the nylon. Becuase of that process all flourocarbon lines were plaqued with poor knot strength. Were not truely waterproof either, they still soaked up moisture. The TT guys did their own independent testing.

Only recently did 100% fluorocarbon lines came out for spooling.

Sorry, I fixed my post.

The hybrids are great lines, but they are not 100 fluoro. They don't sink, and they aren't as 'invisable' etc. Great fishing lines, and I use the Yo Zuri myself, but it can't really be considered a 'Fluorocarbon' line.

LOL's

I thought that was what you're referring to.

But Yozuri did just come out with a 100% flouro line also. I believe they called that one H2O.

But none of the fluoro line are as "invisible" as claimed. It's that they have a light refraction index closer to water than any nylon molecule. It's kind of like the marketing concept of red line dissappearing underwater.

The Yozuri 100% line was designed to not cause a light reflection glaze that many of the other flouro lines posses when nicked, scrapped, or kinked, or you see than when the line is bended. Flourocarbons sink because they have a mass weight index heavier than water and compared to nylon has a mass weight index lighter than water. Anyhow we know that nylon absorbs water and then sink/suspend in it.

I bought the new P-Line Halo this year.So far it seems to be pretty good,the shop didnt spool it right so it was a mess at first.Managed to respool the line and no issues so far.

I use Berkley Vanish Transition.

Good knot strength and I love the line visibility. I recommend checking it out. 250 yrds will run you around $13-$15.

The early batches of Vanish were complete [PoorWordUsage], berkley seems to have fixed the problems with it. I like the transition for walleye fishing.

Back to the yo zuri hybrid. I caught a 40 inch musky on the 6# on a 1/8 jig during the walleye opener. I love that line now... smile

It is amazing how a good fish can change your perspective on equipment. I have the same affinaty towards Lindy Munchies, but I really don't think they work as well as other brands, but I have a 14# walleye on it so I have 10 packs in my tackle box every time.

6 lbs. Vanish for me. Make sure to wet the knot and not wrap more than four times around the main line with the Trilene knot.