• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Albino deer

I saw an albino deer today and was just wondering how rare is this? I've seen albino deer before when I was younger and they were all in the same area no doubt from the same mother or father that carried the gene. Anyone else ever see albino deer? They look pretty cool, wish I would have had the camera with.

couple of years ago I saw a piebald(three colors) deer, first time I saw it was with a buddy we thought it was a goat. ended up in our yard about two weeks later.

yeah At first I thought this one was a goat as well. Looked pretty cool though close up. it was on the edge of the road in the ditch. It didn't run or anything and we got a nice look at it.

I read, that if you see a piebald deer it is a sign of over population in that area.

I believe I read this in deer and deer hunting. Maybe someone else has heard this.

I read, that if you see a piebald deer it is a sign of over population in that area.

I believe I read this in deer and deer hunting. Maybe someone else has heard this.

Not true at all. Its just a color variation that can happen with any species in any area.

hey shiner hows everything goin up around the two horbors area i should be headin up to finland hopefully in a couple weekends and havent been up in the area for a long time, i think bear hunting last year, i missed snowmobiling last season. i am doin a trip back to the bait stands to see if everything is still in order and bring the first round of bait up.

iceman

Originally Posted By: tedl

Not true at all. Its just a color variation that can happen with any species in any area.

When I read that I didn't think it made much sense. I wish I still had that article.

One could logically imply that with an increase in population, you will increase the odds of a genetic variation. The two are probably linked, but not necessarily a good indicator. The odds of one of 2 deer being piebald is not good, one in 10,000 is much greater, that might be all they are getting at.