• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should They give me a new trailer?

LEECH21

Hi all, I recently bought a brand new Crestliner from a dealer with an EZ-Loader trailer. The boats only been in the water about 6 times. On the second time, I noticed the left brake light goes out when the pedal is pushed. Okay whatever...not a huge deal. Well then I have been noticing when I load the boat it always wants to pull to the left when winching it up. Everytime. It has started fraying the winch strap a little because it keeps on wanting to pull that direction. Well, I started thinking this cannot just be coincidence that I'm loading it wrong each time. Tonight I noticed that the outer bunk is welded 1/2 in inch off from the one directly across from it. On one side of the boat the bottom rests completly on the whole bunk. On the other side only about 3 inches of the bunk hits the boat. The bunk was welded in the wrong place! This explains why it does this.

I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning to see if they can swap trailers. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.

I would definitely expect a fix - whether it's a new trailer or a new bunk (I presume they're bolted on) and a fix on the trailer light. Did you ever figure out if it's the trailer or the truck on the brakelight problem?

marine_man

there going to take care of ya, i know it for a fact. Ither way, if it is that they are going to replace the bunk, i would do that, so you dont have to worry about all the licence stuff after the fact.

As far as the batteries go, if you got the boat new, and there there not working, go and replace them, theres a year of coverage on the battery

I don't think it's out of hand to expect a new trailer and not get this one fixed. We sink a lot of money in our gear and you shouldn't have to settle. They can fix it and resell it.

Does the winch strap line up now? I bought a used 2000 sportfish on an ez loader trailer. It has rollers. No matter how straight the boat is the winch strap always loads up to one side. I can hold the strap straight while cranking so not a big issue but I would like to know if there is a simple fix. It would be nice so I can let others help me load with out giving special instructions. Has anyone else had this issue?

I would love for you to give me a call so we could see what's going on with the trailer. There's several possibilites for both the light and the loading issue. Most are pretty simple to figure out and repair. Please give me a call at 1-800-553-7855 ext. 239. My name's Larry and I'm the Warranty Supervisor for EZ Loader Custom Trailers. Do me one favor though and have your trailer vin ready so I can pull up my files.

Thanks

Called this morning up to St. Cloud and they told me that they'd take it to a shop and re-weld it. Kinda stinks because I have to pull the thing an hour and leave it up there. They said it would take a bit to fix. Brand new boat and can't even use it. Hope it doesn't take too long!

The problem is with the trailer not the vehicle on the light issue.

That's about $50 in fuel... that does stink. I hope they spiff you something for the effort, if not gas card, something like a nice trailer lock, or gallon or two of oil... when we had an issue long ago on a new trailer, the dealer went out of his way to keep us happy with spiff stuff. We still go to him, and how he handled our issues, and the speed with with he handled it, kept us happy.

Good luck Leech21, I can say this, once it is done with and you are out there on the water, this will be water over the dam, though it does stink now.

BTW - take everythig out of the boat, seats and all. You don't want this turnign into a bigger problem. Also take inventory of everything with them, if you have to leave it, and make them gaurantee it will be returned in the same or better condition. There are horror stories of leaving things and, well, then not returning the same condition, especially if they are "taking it to a shop" and not them doing it themselves... hmmm... Don't mean to be negative, but make you CYA when you leave it.

BTW - take everythig out of the boat, seats and all

This is good advice any time you take a boat into a dealer and leave it. There's no reason for the dealer to need all the electronics, etc unless they need it to troubleshoot a problem.

marine_man

Well, I pulled it up to St. Cloud on Saturday morning. The light issue was fixed on the spot. I guess it was a bad light...the whole thing. It was getting power it just wouldn't work. They took both tail-lights off and replaced them with new LED lights. They all work fine now. I called about the bunk issue today and they said all they had to do was reposition the bunk to make it match the other side, no re-welding required. I guess the boat is now ready to be picked up.

My question is, should I still push for them to "throw something in" for the hassle and gas to pull the brand new thing back over 60 miles away. After its all said and done it'll be around 252 miles...there and back and then again there and back.

I would say they should throw something in to you for the gas minimal, plus your time. Gas is $4 a gallon and you did nothing to the trailer to cause this. It's their bad, they should own up to it.