• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perch of 2007- 2008!

Fish'n guy

Thanks K Dawg!

Well this weekend was a little a bit better for me and my buds out chasing down jumbos. Fish were difficult to find as normal for this year but we managed to pin em down temporarily at least and put the smackdown on some. We found schools of jumbos out in the deep basins roaming.

Friday had some finicky eaters but yielded a few nice eaters.

Saturday it was off to a different lake which happened to be one of my favorites last year for monster perch! After searching all day a hot tip by a friend got us pointed in the right direction just in time to get 5 keepers before dark. nothing huge but again...nice eaters.

Sunday was much better to us yielding 22 total perch a pretty nice 10 fish limit of 13.5-14.5" inch jumbos (#1-8oz-#2-1oz) and 2 eyes for myself and a couple other smaller ones 10-13.75" for my buddies. Here are a couple of pics.

2225544036_7d45823e43.jpg

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamison, Thanks! I noticed the sunset out the window of my shack and thought this is the perfect ending to this day of fishing! So I had to capture the moment!

sticknstring, thanks! I couldn't find anything in my house large enough to get a picture on so I figured the floor mat would have to do! lol!

Thanks perchking! This year has been pretty good to me I will say that. The trick now is to stay on them the rest of the winter. Wish I could get a couple hogs like you have on your wall though! I still have yet to break the #2.5lb mark so hopefully this year keeps going the way it is!!

It was a good day on Saturday on LG, we stayed away from the crowds and needed a meal for the Super Bowl. Between the 4 of us we caught about 40 perch and we kept 10 for a meal which was fine for 4 guys. Here is a photo of the ones we brought home. OH man were they tasty. We found these fish in about 28 feet of water, on a part of the lake I never fish. Otter, I hope this keeps up I will see you in a couple weeks on Red. I am staying with Club Red.

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

Nate,

Where has Phil been fishing? I am pretty much just looking for some new spots right now, I have yet to see him on the ice. I think I am going to go to Bingham Bay this weekend, There hasn't been to much pressure in that area all year, so I think it might be a good weekend. Only time will tell. Are you able to fish our Hog-A-Thon on the 29th of March? Let me know you can always crash at my place. I haven't talked to Joey but I am sure he will be in.

Yeah that has been a hot spot all year but I just dont like the crowds so I go else where. I have no idea what is going on with the crappies in LG this year. I have fished that lake hard through the ice for the past 10 years and until this year I can count the # of crappies I caught combined on 1 hand. This year I am getting 3-6 of them each time I go out, nothing huge but they are running 10-13 inches. Who knows we might have the next Red boom in the UP of Michigan.