Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
delcecchi

Larson Boats moving to Wisconsin

Larson Boats, Economic Anchor In Little Falls, Leaving For Wisconsin

It has anchored one small Minnesota town for generations. But Larson Boats in Little Falls is shipping east to Pulaski, Wisconsin after more than 100 years of building boats in the community of 8,000 people.

Few businesses in Little Falls rival the longevity of Larson Boats. Pete and Joy's Bakery is one of them.

The bakery's been here for over 85 years,” Owner Pete Kamrowski said.

In his three decades of ownership, Kamrowski has seen plenty of ups and downs.

“I’s a nice little town and we have a lot to offer,” Kamrowski said. “There are a lot of vacant buildings in town. It’d be nice if they could fill them up.”

But on Thursday, all the sweets in his shop were cut with some sour news.

“I first heard about it this morning and I was really surprised,” Kamrowski said.

Larson Boats is setting sail for Wisconsin. The company is consolidating its operations, citing challenging economic conditions and an effort to stay competitive.

The Little Falls facility will shutter by March of next year. The company says 141 workers will lose their jobs, although they can keep their positions if they make the move to Wisconsin.

Even if they do, they still won't be making many more trips to the bakery.

“A lot of their employees shop here, and they buy quite a bit from the bakery for their sales meetings,” Kamrowski said.

Larson said it's already discussing selling the facility to another large manufacturer.

That leaves Little Falls with a little bit of hope in the midst of a big loss.

“It’s going to be tragic. Jobs are hard to find in Little Falls,” Kamrowski said.

google "larson boats" and there are a couple other stories from other media outlets. 

http://wjon.com/larson-boats-to-close-little-falls-plant/

http://mcrecord.com/2016/11/09/larson-boats-to-close-little-falls-operation-moving-to-wisconsin/

Last one has most info....

Reading between the lines, sounds like those plastic Triumph boats weren't a big success. 

Edited by delcecchi

It is sad moment in for Little falls!  The writing has been on the wall for while. However, after working there for 18 years I made many friends, it felt like family.  I worry about my former colleagues and what the future holds.  At the same time I am optimistic, I made the call to my coworkers before I left, that this truck company would buy the entire complex.  It sounds like that just may be what is in the works now.  If so, many will still have jobs, and thiers future may be brighter than it was building boats, I can only hope so.

I sure am fortunate that my wife and I found "greener" pastures this last fall, I can't imagine the stress these workers have right now, the entire workforce at Larsons have devoted 15+ years to the company,  they all deserve the best.

Yes, I'm hoping for the best for them too! It's no fun having an uncertain future in your hometown.  Hopefully there will be a lot of cross over opportunity for them to stay with the new company.

Its a good thing truckers will like Pete and Joys once they give em a try.  In the mean time I know a group of deer hunters that'll be happy to carry the torch for the weekend. 

IMG_1191.JPG

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Yes, I'm hoping for the best for them too! It's no fun having an uncertain future in your hometown.  Hopefully there will be a lot of cross over opportunity for them to stay with the new company.

Its a good thing truckers will like Pete and Joys once they give em a try.  In the mean time I know a group of deer hunters that'll be happy to carry the torch for the weekend. 

IMG_1191.JPG

Wanderer I could go for a nice Pete and joys glazed right about know!:P  Sad always having Larsen in town every time going into town and seeing all the new boats sitting outside going to be weird with out the building in service buliding new Larsen's. And watching them out on lakes around town testing new boats and pontoons.:(

15 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Pretty sad to see all the boat companies pulling out of Little Falls over the years, Larson, Glastron, Crestliner. :(

Leech it is so weird all these boat building company's are all moving out of town.

26 minutes ago, Fishin machine said:

Leech it is so weird all these boat building company's are all moving out of town.

Well what can you do, most of them were part of the Brunswick Boat Group the evil corp!  My mother lived in LFalls for many years before she passed away so it was kind of sad watching one after another pull out. :(

Edited by leech~~