• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Puck + Brackets

Bear55

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend was sure fun to be a college hockey fan. There were games televised all over the place. 4 games on TV at any given time. Fun to watch. Was able to surf all over the place to see UND fold a tent against SCSU (I suspect collusion to get SCSU in the tourney) to seeing BOTH fans at the "Joe" watching those games (what a joke). The WCHA is still doing well. Gotta love it.

Jack Eichel is going to win the Hobey and it will not even be close. He is sure fun to watch and I hate BU.

Wonder what is up with UND, losing 3 of the last 5. Maybe getting their fans ready for that inevitable early round for FF loss?

Like the gophers draw wink UMD is a cupcake, BU is a one time team. Pretty easy for the Gophs to come out of east and match up againt the team that beats UND.

Little smack talk ought to get this thread going.

The Gophers are certainly playing better when it matters most, but I am still a bit reserved on their chances. UMD scares me. Fast team with a great goalie could spell doom for the Gophers. Past that game I do like their chances if they are able to solve that young goal tender from UMD.

Wilcox has been playing better, but still not comfortable saying that he is back.

Colusion?...lol...where is common man when you need him.

Terrible draw for the Gophs but they sowed their own bed and will have to deal with it.

Bear nailed it, its Nodaks annual end of season collapse meltdown starting a bit early. ..its a long storied tradition for them dating back to the late 90s...

grin

Terrible draw for the Gophs but they sowed their own bed and will have to deal with it.

Bear nailed it, its Nodaks annual end of season collapse meltdown starting a bit early. ..its a long storied tradition for them dating back to the late 90s...

grin

Except for '97 and '00 of course is what you meant to say. And you guys shouldn't be so jealous that the boys could take the weekend off and keep a number one seed. It's not like we had to win it all just to get someone from our conference into the big show.

Yeah, collusion. They sold out to SCSU losing to them which catapulted SCSU from #18 PWR to #9 instantly making them into the field. This added another NCHC team to the fray.

Of course I am joking, or is there truth to it? Where is Jesse Ventura and his conspiracy theory now? LOL

Except for '97 and '00 of course is what you meant to say. And you guys shouldn't be so jealous that the boys could take the weekend off and keep a number one seed. It's not like we had to win it all just to get someone from our conference into the big show.

#1 seeds are overrated, anyone can win it all these days. I do have to say the Big Ten sucks, it sucks to play in, it sucks to win the regular season and conference tourney and I have to imagine the NCHA and WCHA tourney's sucked too because the old WCHA was just too much fun.

I'm in too. Can't wait for the early game in Manchester on Friday. Dogs lead the season series 3-1, which leads me to believe that could be trouble for them. Likely the winner then has to play the Terriers, so not exactly an easy draw to Frozen4.

Thanks Big 10 for giving up your spots in the tourney to NCHC. Heck only 2 teams out of 8 DIDN'T make it into the tourney, CC and WestMichigan.

If UMD falters early, I will be rooting for the Purple Mavs. They have really hung on nicely with everyon gunning for them 2nd half of the year. Never let up.

If UMD falters early, I will be rooting for the Purple Mavs. They have really hung on nicely with everyon gunning for them 2nd half of the year. Never let up.

Yep will be easy to cheer on the Mavs, heck I will have to jump on the Dogs band wagon if they take out the gophs. Have to keep those Bostom teams in check.

NCHC tourney wasn't bad except for the goose egg from the Sioux. It was close to the year that the Gophers and Badgers missed the final five we even had a few lost desperate Gopher fans looking for some good hockey. And the Sioux were not top seeds in '97 or '00, so I know what you mean. It is definitely a toss up this year. I'm heading to Boston this year so I'm rooting for the west teams along with the Sioux.

Solbes if for some fluke reason the Dogs beat us I always root for our sister farm club "umd" if you guys are still alive.grin

Heck im even rooting for the Sioux to win a few games just to make it a bit more painful when they finnaly carp the bed in NCAAs!

Go Gophers!

Solbes I sure can think of better Things to throw on the grill than a gopher but maybe that's your thing. Now when it comes to dogs (no not the grill) it doesn't take much to teach them to do certain tricks....like roll over. Heck we've even seen them lick and sniff a few butts from time to time......and this is one of them. Go gophers

Solbes if for some fluke reason the Dogs beat us I always root for our sister farm club "umd" if you guys are still alive.grin

Heck im even rooting for the Sioux to win a few games just to make it a bit more painful when they finnaly carp the bed in NCAAs!

Go Gophers!

Yep always been about 3/4 gopher 1/2 Bemidji and 1/2 umd, maybe 1/10 cloud and kato. I know the math doesn't add but whatever. It sure was fun watching UMD take the title, not as fun as back to back but close.

Just a reminder, I think you can still get in today before the pucks are dropped. Free and fun.

I setup an other bracket at http://www.pickemhockey.com. The NCAA hockey talk has been slow recently, probably still due to the unspeakable breakup of the WCHA but this is still a fun time of year.

http://www.pickemhockey.com

Group Name: fishingmn

Password: fishingmn1