• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Olympic Hockey

Bear55

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canucks haven't been able to come together up front and I think they'll have a real tough time getting enough scoring from the blue line to beat the US. Let's hope they didn't have a fire lit today with another close call.

As much as I want to think we have the upper hand Canada is still Canada and they will be ready for us. I expect a pretty tight low scoring game. Hopefully Quick can display some of his 2012 form.

Man how great are the semis going to be? Biggest rivalries in international hockey (Swedes/Finns, US/Canada) playing to get to the gold medal game? Gonna be cool

I can't wait for the Women's game today. Actually home sick and it's one of the few times I can remember being happy about feeling like crud, cuz I'm home from work and can watch the game.

Game should all come down to speed. If the US can use their speed on the big ice to get to the middle and break down the Canadian D, US wins. If the Canadians can keep the US to the outside and defend the middle, Canada wins...

Canada is going to try and be physical. If the ref's don't let the cheap stuff and the grabbing go the USA team should have plenty of power play opportunities.

I hope for good goals and a good game. I hate to see games with so much at stack decided by a fluke goal or ref's that don't want to call obvious penalties.

Go USA Men and Women!!

Just checked in on the Women's gold, the girls are flying out there, I'd hate to see what I would look like on that ice right now. blush

I remember the first time I saw girls hockey, many years ago and I was not impressed at all, but I will tell you (which you already know Im sure) they have come a LONG way in a few short years.

Man can these women (and girls) flat out play hockey now! So impressed.

USA is up 1-0. Keep it up gals!!!

And yes, I am with you, they would skate circles around me at this point in my career too. You would think I would be in a lot better shape for doing nothing but drink beer and eat hot wings all winter. :-)

You would think I would be in a lot better shape for doing nothing but drink beer and eat hot wings all winter. :-)

I know right?

2-0 lead and 10 minutes to go, can't ever count out Canada but I like our chances.

The USA seemed to go back on thier heels and play all defense the last 7 minutes and sure enough, gave Canada enough time inside the USA zone and something bad will happen.

I was hoping the USA would oplay the game that got them the 2-0 lead.

Too bad the puck had to hit the pipe.

Now I would guess the USA is rattled and down and they will have to pull out everything they have to hold a pumped up Team Canada from scoring.