• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics map iphone

I'm considering getting the navionics maps on iphone for my trip to rainy lake this year instead of buying the lakemaster chip for my H2OC. Does anyone know how the 2 compare? The navionics is only 35$ and i won't be on LOW or Rainy often. Thanks

Download the navaionics USA app It is either $9.99 or an even $10.00, I can't remember, you will not be disappointed! It is very detailed compared to the other more expensive navaionics apps I have downloaded it the past. It has every lake around, to include Rainy, LOTW, and even the Gitch.

i have the chip and the app for my android phone. they both seem to be the same data.

good for what it is. depends on how accurate your gps is. i wouldnt want to use my phone for in the boat, thats what i got the chip for... but if just the phone is what you got to work with its the real deal.

i use the app more to scope out spots than anything, also used it some ice fishing.

Yes it is just like a regular GPS it shows where you are. You can choose from a standard view, or set an google map overlay. It also tells you distances you can set waypoints ams tracks. I have used this in my boat and on my sled over ice, it gets you pretty close to where youu want to be.

I even made a lake map for my uncle with the navionics app.

I downloaded an app to take screen shots.

Just took a ton of shots, and stitched them together in photoshop.

Then he marked a few spots on the map he wanted to check out, and I got him GPS coord's of those spots so he could plug them into his GPS.

does anyone know if the navionics usa app has the canadian portion of LOTW on it or is it just the MN side?

I have all of LOTW (US/Can) on my Android, assuming iPhone has it also.

It is called Navionics Marine and Lakes USA, or I have the USA and Canada version. It is by far one of the best out there. I travel all over the country and I can have detailed contour of any body of water. ANY ANYWHERE!! Salt Lake, Ut. ,In upstate NY I was following the Mohawk River along I90 and got all the info on depth, buoys, locks, etc. that was fenomenal.

I am going to Sioux Lookout, Ontario tomorrow and I can check all the depths of Lake Seul or any along the way.

But also I have a friend from the Coast Guard and he uses MX Mariner and it's also very good, but mainly for chartplotting.

Per one of their posts on Facebook I saw the other day...

Quote:
Navionics has removed its applications from iTunes for maintenance and improvements. They will be available again very soon. Keep checking back. Thank you.

In upstate NY I was following the Mohawk River along I90 and got all the info on depth, buoys, locks, etc. that was fenomenal.

Hah! I did the exact same thing two years ago driving from Albany to Utica. Of course, it just made me lament that I was on the road for work instead of fishing.