• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking to upgrade

kevfish1

Z7 no other options wink

ha ha jk

Whats your price range?

There is a ton of nice bows for $500 or less and many for $1000 +

Many folks here will say get out and shoot as many as you can. Then come back here with some brands/names your interested in we could provide more feedback than.

Yeah, a little more information on price range and what you mean by smooth would help.

The Destroyer from bowtech is a smooth fast easy shooting bow. But as far as bowtech goes they have at least four new models coming out and all but one has been released so far, the last is still a secret and won't be unvailed till the ATA show in january i beleive!

all bows have a different feel to them and all brands make a good bow!

pretty open as far as a price tag goes. kinda lookin for the best value for the buck. smooth, easy to tune, bow. nothing real aggresive. Under 500 would be my preference. would evenprefer nicer bow that is used to reduce the price tag. been lookin on HSO-Classifieds

gr8 gave a good suggestion. Regarding bowtech's new bow that hasn't been released, it's going to be a short ATA bow and I firmly believe you'd be a lot better off with something at least as long as the Destroyer 340.

Bows that I think would be a nice fit for what you described are: Bowtech Destroyer 340, Hoyt Maxxis, Elite Pure. All three of these bows are great. The Elite isn't a brand as many people are aware of, but they make a rock solid product, IMO, and they're a great company to work with. My current bow is a Maxxis and I'm very pleased with it. If I can get a deal on a 340 I may do that for next season...

There's a lot of bows out there worthy of a look. Any of the round wheel solo cams from Mathews will be very smooth drawing shooters. The DXT, Drenalin, eZ7. I've heard the Elite are like silk as well, especially the new Pure. You'll be amazed when you shoot any of the new rigs compared to that old PSE. The arrow will get to the target so fast, you'll think it fell off the rest prior to the shot. Have fun with the search, that's half the fun. smile

i would hit up the cloest archery shop and shoot a bunch of bows every has a different preference on bows you might not like some that others love. Are you looking for a brand new bow or would settle for a used 1-2 year old bow?

As others have said, go hit a couple archery shops and see what you like. I tried a ton of different bows and realized the Maxxis was the one I had to have. I found a mint used 2010 Maxxis on hso_archery_forum DOT com and picked it up for a little over half the retail price. Another bow I would recommend for the money is Diamond Black Ice - I personally like it better than the newer/more expensive Diamond Iceman. Great bows for the $$.

As stated already, get to an archery shop, not gander or cabelas, that has a BIG SELECTION and draw each one. Everybody has their own taste in what a SMOOTH bow is. So take two or three you liked to draw and test shoot them. I just did this a month ago. I shot the top hoyt, pse, mathews and bowtech side by side. I left the shop buying not "a bow", but what I felt was "the bow" for me. Just a side note, good luck finding a mathews dealer that also sells bowtech, or vice versa. :o)

TODDY

Well the thing is you will have to go and test shoot a bunch. Look on thier websites and get the models that fit the specs you want. Everyone has a different feel - for instance Mathews has a large following but they just don't feel right to me, Hoyt has a large following but they have a small valley and seem jumpy to me. Bowtech is what felt the best to me, I got a destroyer 350 and I think it is about perfect. Get a list and go shoot, one will stand out to you.

Just about anything you shoot or look at (including used bows made in the past 10 years) will be a big upgrade on a 20 year old bow. The archery industry has made leaps and bounds since your bow was made as far as improving speed, vibration, smoothness, cam efficiency, etc. But none of those improvements will make a deer any more dead than what you have now if you make a well placed shot. Go out and try some different bows at a bow shop and decide what you like. You don't necessarily have to buy there, but you can certainly get an idea of what you like and what will fulfill your needs.

I like the idea of exploring a quality used bow, personally, I'd rather buy a quality used bow than a lesser quality new bow of the same price. There can be some very good deals on newer used bows as lots of guys like to turn them over when new products come out "just because".