• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have 5 foiles calls on my lanyard and I am not a field staffer for them....yet. IMO while you really can't go wrong with any of these, all these calls sound great, Foiles puts out the most volume and best sounds with the least amount of airflow.

Although I do have to say I'm intrigued by Death Row. I've heard some good things about them and I'm all about supporting a MN compnany, are their calls at Cabelas?

Quote:
Although I do have to say I'm intrigued by Death Row. I've heard some good things about them and I'm all about supporting a MN compnany, are their calls at Cabelas?

Cory does not have them at Cabela's, I do not know if he will soon though. Macks PW sells them. Most are bought straight from him, shows or on the internet though.

Quote:

Cory does not have them at Cabela's, I do not know if he will soon though. Macks PW sells them. Most are bought straight from him, shows or on the internet though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Scheels carry them?

id either say DRC or CnS calls. i have CnS calls and have really liked the sound they put out. They are out of Zumbrota Mn and are all custom and cheaper then the other big guys calls. He hand lathes every call so they all have there special little features.

Calls do not kill geese. It has more to do with your spread/set-up in my opinion, and early season birds are alot less talkative than middle to late season birds. "Just simple clucking will do you just fine in most situations". That has been my experience, and those are the words out of Jeff Foiles mouth: Game Fair seminar 2009.

Calls do not kill geese. It has more to do with your spread/set-up in my opinion, and early season birds are alot less talkative than middle to late season birds. "Just simple clucking will do you just fine in most situations". That has been my experience, and those are the words out of Jeff Foiles mouth: Game Fair seminar 2009.

100% agree. Especially in early season; haven't had to make a noise on well over half the flocks I've had decoy so far this year.

I do prefer foiles over zink for goose calls by a long shot. The PH-2/1 takes the cake when it comes to duck calls though.

Weren't we talking about which calls one other preferred- Foiles or Zink?

I disagree...what if you ran traffic? You see a flock of geese 200 yds away heading to their feeding field and you start calling and flagging to get them to commit your spread. It works. I believe calling plays a big role as a good spread of dekes. These are my experiences.

Maybe it has to do with the pressure of hunting in the area? Good luck on Saturday fellas! Post some pics.

Weren't we talking about which calls one other preferred- Foiles or Zink?

I disagree...what if you ran traffic? You see a flock of geese 200 yds away heading to their feeding field and you start calling and flagging to get them to commit your spread. It works. I believe calling plays a big role as a good spread of dekes. These are my experiences.

Maybe it has to do with the pressure of hunting in the area? Good luck on Saturday fellas! Post some pics.

Perfectly put. You shouldn't need a goose call when you are in the field the birds are headed too. But when you are not, it's going to be long day of watching birds fly by if you can't make your short reed sing.