Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guppy

Field Dressing

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone used the "Butt Out" tool? I'm wondering if it makes this little job any easier.

I have used it and I fully endorse it. The only time I goofed with it was when I turned it too many times before I pulled the tool out.

What is that?

Is it like the gut hook you use for upland birds?

google it and you will find your answers

i might try one this year, you can get them for like $5, might be a nice thing to have

I used it on the doe I shot last fall, the only problem was when I shot the doe, she was taking a dump! So she wasn't able to wipe!

No kidding, she was taking a dump and when I shot her and the Hornady knocked her right over in the position she was when I shot. Needless to say the but-puller-outer worked good, but had residules that needed to be cleaned off! grin

It's good to have two of them! smile

I love the new tool! It works great on bucks and does.

For does I give it a twist and pull out with a little pressure, then cut around the anus and vagina as one whole piece. When I first got the Butt-out I did them seperately, but this is much faster and cleaner.

TIP:

Keep the clean Butt-out in a ziplock bag along with some wet paper towels (or alcohol pads in cold weather.) When you are finished dressing the deer, clean yourself and your knife up with the paper towels and put the Butt-out in the ziplock.