Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boxcar Wllie

Feeling like Fall

12 posts in this topic

With temps dropping into the 30's this weekend and hours of daylight getting shorter, when do you typically start moving into your fall styles of fishing? Do you still look for the walters off of sharp breaks or where do you head? Personally, once the weeds start to die off of the shallow points I will run cranks in those areas.

Fall, it is 115 here in Phoenix today, we have two seasons hot and hotter than heck

Except for the 3 months of humidity when the monsoon comes in. then it just sucks.

With temps dropping into the 30's this weekend and hours of daylight getting shorter, when do you typically start moving into your fall styles of fishing?

I watch the water temps, 55 degrees is what I really like but low 60's means it's starting.

A friend and I have been discussing this very issue. The water temps are falling; the lake I have been monitoring has gone from 72F to 69 in just three days, but what will the weed growth do? I would assume the weeds are mostly effected by light exposure, so does that mean early patterns for fish normal patterns for weeds? What do you think?

i watched my home lake go from 80 to 65 in 2 days.. a month or so ago.. it was steaming this morning =)

If the temps continue to stay cool, the lake water temps should start to drop with the cooler evening temps. Once it hits 50, then it seems the feed bag is really on.

I made it out on a lake near St. Cloud/Avon last night and the water temp was 74 degrees. With this wind and cool air things should really start to drop temperature-wise. Did manage one 4 lb Walter using a Clown HJ10 casting across a point. wink

This morning there were quite a few small lakes and streams that were steaming away and with the forecast of patchy frost tonight even the bigger bodies of water should be steaming.