• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anything wrong with oil and filters from Fleet or other retailers??

swedishpimple

Anything wrong with using regular oil and filters from fleet or any other reatailers.

I have a 2007 Suzuki Kingquad 700 and am not too excited to pay $ 65 for the Suzuki Oil. I was thinking Amsoil...or and name brand oil would be ok too. (ie, Valvoline, Havoline, Pensoil etc.)

The owners manual just says a 10W40 and a 80/90 for the gear lubes. I plan on meetings those specs..but maybe not the Suzuki brand.

Is a Fram oil filter ok too??

No question is stupid if you want an answer. A wet clutch is basically any clutch that is "inside" the engine and in the engine oil. The oil helps to cool the clutch and extend its life somewhat. A belt drive is external of the engine and is cooled only by air.

Originally Posted By: Hafnutz
Look around on the net. You will find Fram oil filters are at the bottom of the preferred list. Lots better choices out there.

Correct! I did a ton of research on oil & oil filters.

Stay away from Fram.

Another little trick to do that I learned over the years is to put a small magnet on the outside of the filter. This helps trap any metal particle. There is a lot of metal that will actually get through the filters, the magnet will attract these particles and they will not get out of the filter. You would be amazed how heavy the filters get. It doesnt have to be super powerful, some guys use the magnets found on the inside of a 3.5" floppy disk and you can continue to reuse it when you take the filter off.