Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SledNeck

congrats to #20

First win on a local track.

Congrats to the most "overrated" driver in NASCAR for getting a win in his first full season.

Be interesting to see where he finishes the season in points and who he finishes ahead of.

Oh come on! That was hardly a win. Put a asterisk beside that fluke. Very slim chance that he would have won if the rain didn't come and until he actually earns one he's still overrated and over hyped. He's been in over his head all season. Why they didn't put him in a Busch car for a season is beyond me.

Hes like 21st in the standings? Is that better or worse than they expected him to be?

Id say hes in great shape for his first year and everything is new to him.

Oh come on! That was hardly a win. Put a asterisk beside that fluke. Very slim chance that he would have won if the rain didn't come and until he actually earns one he's still overrated and over hyped. He's been in over his head all season. Why they didn't put him in a Busch car for a season is beyond me.

If they put an asterik next to every win from a team gambling in anticipation of a rain shortened race, think how many drivers would have asteriks. Every year there is multiple races won on a rain shortened event. It's a part of racing, just like taking two tires, no tires, etc. I'd be willing to bet that half of the drivers with a Cup win have won at least one rain-shortened event.

I agree. They should get 1/2 a win or something like that.....kinda like a tie in hockey. Ha! The results at the end just don't show who was the better car, IMO. I don't care if it is a driver I like or don't like, it just doesn't feel right and I've always hated rain-outs.

My daughter was extatic! We were listening to the race in the van on Sirius when they called it. I thought I was going to go deaf with her scream! grin

They gambled, and won. You can't take that away from him. Are not most of the pit strategies late in a race a gamble? What about a fuel only pit on a green with a few laps left, then having a caution come out while the leaders are on pit row. Do we put an asterick by the winner of that race, too, since he was running in the middle of the pack all day? The kid did everything his crew chief asked as far as conserving fuel, and ran smart at the end. Give him a little credit.

My daughter was extatic! We were listening to the race in the van on Sirius when they called it. I thought I was going to go deaf with her scream! grin

They gambled, and won. You can't take that away from him. Are not most of the pit strategies late in a race a gamble? What about a fuel only pit on a green with a few laps left, then having a caution come out while the leaders are on pit row. Do we put an asterick by the winner of that race, too, since he was running in the middle of the pack all day? The kid did everything his crew chief asked as far as conserving fuel, and ran smart at the end. Give him a little credit.

I do agree. He is talented and does do what he is told. I cant really say to much since my driver got his first cup win at the rain shortened 600 a month ago..

I don't remember people punking on Reutimann earlier this year when he got his first win the same way? I don't like rain wins either but somebody has to take home the trophy. People don't like mileage wins either, but the win counts all the same.

DD

It's all part of the game. They all knew weather was going to be a factor. They all were talking about it before the green flag, racing to half way. When the race is only 300 mile long, half way comes early.

I think there is another wrinkle here that others may have missed. This was the first "Wave around" win. Under the new rules the "wave around" cars are all waved around under caution, therefor getting a lap back, but the way they make those lap cars pit, it is likely they will go back a lap down while they are on pit road. But Joey stayed out after a wave around (he pitted 12 laps prior) thus getting back on the lead lap and back on sequence with the rest of the pack, and in positon for the win. A big gamble on Zippy's part, but in the end, they cashed the big check.

OMG

Guess where Joey will be in the points standings???????????????????????

1 -- Tony Stewart 2719 Leader 18 0 2 10 14

2 -- Jeff Gordon 2539 -180 18 0 1 9 12

3 -- Jimmie Johnson 2525 -194 18 0 2 8 12

4 -- Kurt Busch 2414 -305 18 0 1 6 10

5 -- Carl Edwards 2317 -402 18 0 0 5 9

6 -- Denny Hamlin 2302 -417 18 0 0 5 7

7 -- Ryan Newman 2235 -484 18 1 0 5 8

8 -- Kyle Busch 2234 -485 18 1 3 4 6

9 -- Greg Biffle 2215 -504 18 0 0 5 8

10 -- Matt Kenseth 2201 -518 18 1 2 4 7

11 +1 Juan Montoya 2187 -532 18 1 0 0 8

12 +1 Kasey Kahne 2166 -553 18 0 1 2 6