• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota PowerDrive

Huntin&Fishin

I just bought a Minnkota PowerDrive with 55lbs thrust. And I have a 16 foot lund explorer. I know it depends on the wind, what or whos all in the boat, and what speed you have it on, and other variables, but how long on Average should it last on just a average battery. I'm just curious and haven't had it out yet. Thanks oh ya it's 12 Volt not 24.

Trolling crankbaits at 1.5-2.0 MPH I would get about 3 hours and 6+ hours dragging live bait around at 0-1.0 MPH. PD55 on a 17' Sylvan aluminium with a 150 on the back so I would assume you could do better with the lighter boat.

I typically get a whole weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sunday) out of my 55#. I have a 1625 Lund Rebel, so similar to yours.

Now that's using it an hour or two Friday night, for an hour or two Saturday morning, maybe an hour Sat night, and maybe 2 hours on Sunday. I usually use the big motor for pulling cranks, and use the trolling motor for pulling live bait and moving along the shore for casting. After the weekend, it has about 50% charge left. Battery is a series 27 that is fully charged after each weekend of use.

I would guess if used constantly at higher speeds, it would drain very similar to FunFish's times.

You can also hook two batteries in a series , so its still 12 volt. You will get alot more time out of it.

Oops!!! If you connect two 12v batteries in series you'll double the voltage output to 24!!!! Connect them in parallel to maintain 12v supply but double your capacity.

edit: Perchjerker is faster than I am. Must be younger. wink