• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How did everyones boat work over opener?

Just wondering how everyones boat ran-worked for them over opener. Seems like the first few times you take the boat out in the spring you always find the little problems that have festered over the winter . I took My boat out one night last week and after cleaning out the fogging oil and one mouse nest in a storage area it ran fine. Everything seemed to be working good. I didn't get to go out over opener but I'm going to get it out this week some. Hope all went well for you all!

My 08 Yamaha 75 fired up in about a second. The primer bulb never did firm up though. Full tank of gas from the fall. I must've squeezed it 50 times and finally thought to try starting the motor. It started right away. Checked the bulb later and it was hard like it was supposed to be. Anyone know why this would be?

My motors started right up and ran fine. When I got to shore, I hit the switches for the bilge and livewell to make sure all was well. Well, both fusses blew. I thought maybe a mouse had been chewing on wires, but that wasn't the case. Turns out both pumps were "froze up". Got the livewell to turn and seems fine, but the bilge is too stiff and still blows the fuse. Strange, since the pumps were new in "07. So looking for a Mayfair replacement cartridge to replace the bilge. Oh well. Junky.

On my '58 evinrude there is no primer bulb on the fuel line, its on the tank and i over pumped it flooding the carb so it took a few more pulls than usual to get her running but it ran fine at high speeds and slow speeds in reverse. It does stall in forward at low RPM's. could this be something to do with the tuning of the carb or gasket set?

Junky,

I had the same issue. Picked up a replacement for about $25. Mayfair is now part of Johnson Pump and you can buy a replacement motor without having to get the cartridge and other parts.

Thanks for the info MLR. I'll have to search around for the part I need. Junky....