• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How far would you drive for a boat? - Updated

MuskieJunkie

Just wondering how far anyone has driven to buy or sell a used boat. I have a guy driving 12 hours+ from Canada this weekend to buy my run of the mill $9,000 smokercraft. Something doesn't seem right.....

Well the deal is done, the boat's gone and the money is transfered. The guy and his dad showed up right when he said he would. 950 miles 18 hours each way, strait here and then strait home, no sight seeing, no mall of america, no hotels. He said there are not many boats for sale up there and this one is worth about 12k where he is from.

Good deal that you got it sold. I could see why they would be more pricey if there are fewer up there. My brother lives in Salt Lake and tells me boats are much cheaper up here for used. Just more of them in the land of lakes I guess.

Good to hear that it went smoothly for everyone. What form of payment was used, if I may ask for future reference?

A canada bank draft in US funds that was linked to US wells fargo. I bank at wells fargo so they were able to verify it on the spot, plus I talked to his bank manager before he ever left to come down here.

The next time we have a boat for sale, We will have to remember to put it on Craigs List in Canada. I myself bought a boat from Houston TX, but had it shipped here to Stillwater. Saved over $10,000.00 even with the shipping of $900.00. The Scout dealer here is a tad bit high on price.

I (and wife) drove from Detroit Lakes to South

Bend, In. That is over 700 mi.one way. I bought a used Lund that was built 35 miles from me.

Wife and I had a great time, we tent camped 2 nights in a KOA.

As I am writing this she said she would do it all again.

All to buy the same model boat that I had just sold the previous fall.