• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winkleman Fish Mix

i shouldnt give up my secert

but mix orginal shore lunch with gary roach and half a bag

of shorelunch corm meal (makes it crispier)

deep fry or fry in pan

use peanut oil

everybody tells its great and come runnin when i say i'm cookin fish

i shouldnt give up my secert

but mix orginal shore lunch with gary roach and half a bag

of shorelunch corm meal (makes it crispier)

deep fry or fry in pan

use peanut oil

everybody tells its great and come runnin when i say i'm cookin fish

that's what I do....1/2 Original Shore Lunch and 1/2 Cornmeal

Shore Lunch.I also like Original Shore lunch with Andy's from Fleetfarm.It also has cornmeal and is a little spicier.

The best stuff I have used in my life, to include shore lunches when I guided is called, "Totally Wild Seasonings". I picked some up at the Fishing Show at the convention center a couple of years ago. It tastes great and does not burn after a couple of batches fried. Sportsman Warehouse stocks it or I just order it from them. It's a Mom and Pop business from our neighbors to the South.

If you can find it, I highly recommend using 10,000 Lakes Fish Coating mix. It's made by Sturdiwheat Foods out of Red Wing, MN. I have used them all, Shorelunch, Roach Mix, Ledgendary Northwoods, Andy's, etc. and this product has ALL of them beat hands down. I purchase three flavorings in particular--Original mix, Cajun mix and the Lemon mix. Not many retailers handle the product--I find it at Lunds and Byerlys stores. You might be able to order it on-line.

I mix one of the varieties with Panko (for crunch and cripsyness) and fry in peanut oil. Finished product is crispy, light and very flavorful.

Woollman