• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why did I watch it - NFL Classic

pegleg

Last night on the NFL channel they rebroadcast the 1998 Vikes - Atlanta game. I can't believe how much the Vikings dominated that game but lost. Also, just as Randall Cunningham was ready to take the knee I had to shut it off because I couldn't watch it again. I might need to go into therapy to get that out of my mind again.

I couldnt watch that game ever again. One time was to much for me. That game switch me from being a huge Viking fan, to being a wagon jumper for a couple years, then the Giants game happened cry

That one really hurt.

Put the 98 offense with our 2008 defense and.........

You are right Rick. I sort of forgot how that offense performed. Quite a difference compared to watching a Vikes offense now. It seemed like every pass thrown in 1998 went over 15 yards. Now you are lucky to see a pass from a Viking quarterback to travel 10 yards. I wonder what Adrian could do with that style of a passing game. Robert Smith looked like Walter Payton back there with all of the defensive backs 15 yards off of the line of scrimmage.

I am reminded of that Giants game everyday. My boss who is not a sports fan, saved the sports section after the 41-0 loss. It sits in the corner of his office. He says he will burn once the Vikings make the Superbowl. I keep telling him that the paper is getting old and is a fire hazard in his office.

Can you believe it has been 32 years since our last Superbowl? And I do not see it anytime soon with Chili and T-Jack.

I was at that Atlanta game in 98 and for the second in my life I feared for my life leaving the stadium. It was ROUGH TO BE THERE LIVE. Funny thing as we approached the dome we could hear the noise from 3 blocks away, 45 minutes b-4 the game started. On the way out you could hear a pin drop on the way out and NO ONE LOOKED HAPPY.

G.C.

If the Vikes had a decent coach in 98 they wouldn't have lost any games. I was in Orlando at Universal Studios when they played the Giants. I remember seeing Giant fans everywhere and I was telling them they were going to get trounced. After the game I couldn't even show my face.

Chili should watch all the highlight films from the '98 season and he would see what a kicka-- offense is like. Adrian off tackle left for 4 yards, Adrian off tackle right for 3 yards and a Tahi screen for 2 yards is not kick-ss.