• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend owl watching.

JayinMN

Today was a sweet day for for Great Grays. I found 2 on the same road again. I am hoping they become a pair. With the dark overcast day they were out an hour earlier then usual. I also found a new owl to keep tabs on. I got more video then pictures tonight.

Here is a shot from tonight. This owl calls a lot more then the other owl on the same road so I am guessing it is a male. It is also a lot more shy.

3371102613_45f88954e6_o.jpg

And this one will hopefully be his wife. I took this one last weekend. She likes to pose for the camera. How do you like the prop I used for a perch? I liked all the pine cones. grin

3371934816_626058b508_o.jpg

As far as I know, you are one of the only people in Minnesota consistently finding any ggo's currently so congrats! Your persistence continues to yield excellent results. I enjoy the size of the owl in the first image, nice environmental feel. The perch on the second image is great and the owls bowtie really pops in the nice soft light.