• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Official trade Skoula for a water bottle thread

10,000 Casts

skoula has had some good games this year, but the last two games that I have watched, it seems he should get assists for the the other teams goals. he and the team need to turn it around now.

I haven't been watching the Wild as much lately (the last two weeks). Doing more college hockey and my own team is finishing up the season.

From what I watched earlier in the year, Skoula was looking better than last year, I really liked Bergeron and the way he moved the puck but I thought Zidlicky was coughing it up far too much.

However, here is my comment on this team. Most nights it has such a lack of offense that there is NO Room for error on defense. They need to move a few defensemen and free up some salary cap space for some more potent scoring. This team is full of grinders, defensemen and good goalies but you can't keep the other team off of the scoreboard forever. If this team can get a lead they are okay but in big trouble when they are behind (except when they play San Jose).

At least Skoula can make it on the ice. More than we can say for the space on the payroll that Gaborik takes up. IMO we've gotten very little return on that investment in the last couple years.

Hey Lep,

That's kind of what our old teammates used to say about you and we didn't pay anything for you!!! smile

Atleast I wasn't injured the majority of the time and you can say you got what you paid for grin

Now you know I wasn't that bad wink Besides, someone had to cover your tail wink

I just wish I had some video of some of our games.

yeah, just giving you a hard time.

Frustrating about Gaborick with the guy making like 6.5 million a year and he plays like six games. I hope the Wild resign and trade him. Of course he'll probably go somewhere else and play great, oh well.

Still don't be surprised if Gabby ends up back here. The Wild needs up front scoring but Gabby wants money.

The salary cap will probably be going down (see article in today's Strib about Sports tickets!!!) in the NHL. If they get him for a deal I'd still take him. However, there may be other options available.

I haven't been watching the Wild lately. When they're off, they're off in a big way whether it's Skoula or anyone else.

I say get rid of Gabby and LeMaire. We could use some new coaching on this team. But that thread has already been started. It's tough to say trade Skoula when the team has problems functioning as a unit.

Last year I might have agreed with you, but this year Skoula is one of our best D-men. There have not been many (if any) dumb "Skoula" brain lapses this year. My vote for worst is Zidlicky. The guy can shoot, but is terrible on D. How many times has he turned the puck over in front of our net??

That was one thing they said about him when the trade went through, offensive defenseman, not great on defense. Skoula has definitely turned it around this year. Apparently someone told him step one to playing hockey...pull head out of...

like i said in the wild thread, they all cough up the puck on off games. we need scoring. someone to stand in front of the net and whack away at the rebounds and goalie, boogard??? someone who isnt gonna get shoved around, and SHOOT THE PUCK

That guy was/is Brunnette, but who knows how long he is going to last on a partially torn ACL. That guy is tough. Nolan is pretty good for that too. Unfortunately, we can't hit the net on the few times we do shoot. I want to see Foster's shot back in on the PP. He had a few clutch goals last year doing that. He seemed to shoot high a lot though.

I don't think we even need the bottle in the trade, they could just pour the water in my hands and I would be happy. He always looks like he has to think about what he is going to do with the puck instead of reacting. I do agree that he is better than last season but that isn't saying much. Skoula on ice = bad things happen.

Dmen are fine. I would settle for a sweaty used nut cup for some of these forwards. Who's had the most offensive punch lately? Veillieux. Oh my, this is pathetic. (And not to pick on the redhead either, I actually like his play given his skill set)

You can definitely tell in some of his interviews that he is frustrated. Some of the looks he shoots at his teammates shows it too. When they have a stoppage you can just see him with the "[PoorWordUsage] GUYS" look on his face. I can't blame him for it either.

I want to see Foster's shot back in on the PP. He had a few clutch goals last year doing that. He seemed to shoot high a lot though.

Foster couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. One of the hardest shots in the league but who knows where it's going.

Skoula has been OK. He won't be back with the team next year as he is a UFA. Bergeron and Zidlicky are good on the PP and thats about it. I think we need a new coach to open it up a bit more. When's the last time they scored 5 goals in a game?