• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bald eagle irruption?

MN Shutterbug

I have never seen so many bald eagles in this area as I have recently. I realize it's probably just a migration, but I've been living here far too long, and have never seen these numbers. Actually, to see one in this area every couple years, has been a treat. The closest I can figure, I saw at least 10 today, just 10 miles from home. It's pretty exciting. The time of day wasn't ideal, but at least they were flying towards the sun instead of away from it. wink

3350551168_26c5b34c9d_o.jpg

3350551208_29cfd04085_o.jpg

3350551256_e1f12f2e86_o.jpg

Nice pics. I was in the boat fishing pool 2 of the Miss this weekend and there were tons of eagles along the river. Counted 7 sitting in one tree. I am not sure how many total there were in this one area but it was impressive.

Awesome shots. I know how you feel when we get to see so many in one area. I remember a few years back during an early thaw walking the dogs along the St.Croix I was in awe watching twenty of them floating around and perched in the trees along the bluff. Then occurred to me the small dog running ahead of me might have looked like a meal to them then I started running for the dog.

Seems like I never have my camera with on occasions like that. Always bring the camera with now.

I saw One in the middle of Rochester, MN while I was riding the city bus. I never would have expected to see one in the suburbs only 1-2 miles from downtown. Its been cool to see what a comeback they have made in the 19 years I have been alive.

There are a lot of them around nowdays. In Minnetrista we have two nests very close. I know of several others though and see them pretty often. They're really growing in population and thats a great thing!

eagles are growing in numbers big time in SE MN...funny thing about that dog story mentioned above...my moms friend cat got taken by a bald eagle right out of their yard.

my friend has a little dog its a pug....we were just fishing a few days ago along the river where i've been watching 2 bald eagles and a huge nest for many years now...i've also seen their baby's....anyway we were in waders and basically camo just being quite fishing when all of a sudden this big baldy comes over and starts to circle while he's doing that whistling noise and started to swoop down just then my friend yelled loud because he realized it was scoping out his dog lol.

that would suck to watch a big bird take off with your dog or cat...it would be cool to see but i'd be [PoorWordUsage].