• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I no longer own a bow...

Scoot

For the first time in my adult life, I don't own a bow. Well.. sort of. I sold my bow, my '07 Bowtech Commander, today. It was hands down the nicest bow I've ever owned- quiet, shock free, and fast enough for me (275 fps shooting a 425 grain arrow). I feel kinda naked!

I'll be getting a new Hoyt Alphamax 35 in a couple weeks- it should show up by the end of the month, I'm told. Until then, I think I'm going to fix up my dad's old recurve and run some arrows through it for a while. The bow is a 1972 Bear Super Kodiak. It's been responsible for the end of more deer than I'll ever be in my lifetime, so I know it can be made to work effectively. I've got some 2216's, a Bear Hair rest, a glove, and some field points- should be good to go! I haven't shot a recurve for many years, so it should be a fun way to get back to basics and shoot a stick and string for a while until the new AM shows up.

But even with the recurve in hand, I still feel a little naked. I don't think I've ever, in my entire bowhunting life (since age 11 when I officially hunted deer), not owned a compound bow. My new one can't get here fast enough!!!

As a Traditional Archer my only suggestion is to cancel that order on the high Tech bow and just keep shooting that Bear Recurve;)

I too have a new bow coming in a month, only mine is a 3 piece takedown Trad Bow with both Longbow and Recurve limbs. Can't wait.

To each his own though, wish you luck with both the Recurve, and the new high tech bow with all the bells and whistles when it arrives.

Scoot, don't feel bad, your bow is going to a good home. (At least I hope your talking about me) grin

I found my dad's old recurve the other day and thought about slinging some arrows through it. I remember getting the chance to take it out when I was younger and shot it until I had bloody fingers.

Thanks bucksnort- it'll be fun to sling some arrows with the recurve-- I'm way past due for that.

SNS, why did I get rid of the Commander? Well... I don't know. I had the chance to sell it for fair value and I also had the chance to get a brand spankin' new bow for about half price. I shot the Alphamax and it felt really good, so I decided to get rid of my trusty Commander. I'll really miss that bow- it's accounted for 100% of the elk I've ever shot, a couple deer, is an amazingly quiet/shock free bow, and was a Father's Day gift from my wife and little boy. I seriously thought about keeping it for a really long time. However, the alure of newer and sexier got the best of me.

huntnfish, I know you'll take good care of her! I hope you're as happy with it as I've been. She's treated me right, so I'm sure she'll do the same for you.