• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any 30 Rock watchers?

McGurk

I am getting to like that show more and more as I watch it. It is actually becoming my Thursday night Highlight show. Even The Office is starting to really look for fresh story lines. Earl and Kath & Kim are lame, but I love 30 Rock!

It is one of those shows that will sneak up on you, and I laugh out loud more for that show than the rest of the lineup combined. A couple of weeks ago I finally realized why I like it: it's like Seinfeld, a comedic classic. There are about 3 unrelated stories at the beginning with the different characters, and they all come together in the end in a very clever and funny way. Sad it was almost dropped a couple of years ago due to limited viewing audience, but it survived. If you think about it, Seinfeld didn't get its following until a few years into it's run, after it found its stride.

Another show I enjoy in reruns is Arrested Development. Another gone before it's time. The common link with these shows is that they are at an almost intellectual level of comedy, not a spoon-fed sitcom like Friends was. Like 30 Rock, the delivery is lightning fast and razor sharp, too. It also doesn't take itself too seriously, and the characters poke more fun at themselves than I ever thought possible.

laugh

I recieved the first and second season on DVD's. There are recording conflicts with the DVR so I don't get to watch the new episodes. Very funny!!!

Speaking of sienfeld, they had the episode on last night when NBC approaches jerry about doing a show and they come up with the concept about a show about nothing. One of the best episodes of any sitcom!! The best part it really was about nothing and it was very successful.

I like Earl, The Office and 30 Rock. That Kath and Kim Show sucks. In real life, the "mother/daughter" team on that show are actually less than 10 years apart, maybe that's why it doesn't work to me.

Tracy Morgan should win an Emmy for that show!! Tracy Jordan is my favorite character. I laughed when he was practicing for diabetes a couple weeks ago.

DD

That episode is one of my favorites. I like the Janis Joplin wikipedia page updates on it too.