• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Muskie Truth

Muskiefool

ok. percentage of accesable water acres. what percentage of public access is that? if 30 fisherpeople go to a lake and theres 17 spots for access parking and 15 have trailers in them, 13 are walleye/pike/pan fishers 2 are musie fishers and the other two are filled with whos next. 13 people find another lake. maybe it has muskie for the others dejected.... crude, but i'm just trying to start a thought here. sure theres acres, but is there really enough PUBLIC access for muskie fishers on those waters?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishnfoul,

Apparently your friend doesn't know Lake vermilion as well as he thinks. Walleye fishing on Vermilion is better now than it

has ever been.

Why do you suppose they trap fry from Lake Vermilion to stock so many other MN lakes?

Vermilion is one of the most prolific Walleye fisheries in Minnesota. So please, don't blame the lake for you friends inability to catch Walleyes.

Vermilion also has World Class smallmouth bass, excellent Pike and Largemouth bass and a very good panfish population as well. smile

"Ace"

Ace guide service.

Hey Ace that reminds me of a story this fall I got from a guy that was hold up on the lake waiting for a buddy to finish a Bear hunt; he comes back and I asked if the fish were biting? he said the Muskies ate them all!! I was sorta blown away but it didn't surprise me, I said so you got skunked? Oh heck no he says we got about 30-40 but all in the slot, I asked him if all Muskies carried bump boards or just Big V fish LOL no answer yet on that one...