• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Burntside Bash-Who's Going?

I'm heading up to Ely for the Burntside Bash on January 31st. Is anyone else going to this event? Here's a link for the all the information you'll need if you wanted to go!

This will be my 2nd year and last year was so much fun (well maybe the Cwazy Wabbit was a little goofy winksmile ) If you've never caught a lake trout, this is the perfect weekend to head on up there and see why I'm so addicted to laker fishing. The guys who run this event are very helpful on tactics and spots too.

Barb, we sure could show you around! We've been on Burntside just a handful of times so we're no guides! grin We don't have a way to transport you though since we only have a 2up sled.

Tami, it wouldn't be the same without you girl! I can understand "weather pending" though. Hope you can come!

Steve T! Are you getting excited as me? See you in two weeks friend! laugh

Lisa I'll be at the Bash. Pretty cool about the wolf on the lake. Two years ago when I was up at Bside (not at the bash) I watched one watch us for for about 5 minutes before he took off around an island. When I am at my place up the echo trail we hear them howling during the evening quite a bit but we haven't seen any yet.

Barb, we sure could show you around! We've been on Burntside just a handful of times so we're no guides! grin We don't have a way to transport you though since we only have a 2up sled.

Tami, it wouldn't be the same without you girl! I can understand "weather pending" though. Hope you can come!

Steve T! Are you getting excited as me? See you in two weeks friend! laugh

You mean to say you can't drag me around on the ice behind you, I could get one of those great big inner tubes and you guys could whip me around. That would be a site to see. laugh I am bringing the 4 wheeler and will go as far as I can with that, I have chains on the back and a winch in case I get stuck. Plus I will bring a metal stake to stick down below the ice if I do.

Barb I think that you will do just fine and having the chains on the back is a big plus. We can break a trail through through the snow so you will have a easier time and if that becomes too tough we can pull your stuff but I think you will do just fine and we can cover some of the area by roads that have been plowed.

I will also bring the camera so we can all get some great new avatars holding big old Burntside lakers. No more of those last year fish pictures we need new ones.

Tami your more then welcome to follow us around. Don't worry about the weather cause its Ely and it will be cold - just no more snow PLEASE.

Help me out guys, I have never fished lakers before. What kind of gear do I need? Rods, tipups, lures, bait? Heavy duty rod and heavy line? I am also going to be at the Paddle, still haven't gotten a hold of my niece, they may be out of town.

Barb, some time ago Surface Tension started a post in the BWCA/Duluth forum in regards to lake goodies.

Take a look HERE, tons of great info, you pick an choose what you will need to add to your arsenal.

Good to hear you got in at the Paddle, looking forward to seeing you guys on the ice and at the Wabbit!

Here I am trying to get ready for the bash and I feel like I have a cloud hanging over me!! For the 3rd time in 2 weeks my beloved orange Ford Escape has a dead battery! Wouldn't start yesterday without a jump and went out today and again rrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr dead. Thank goodness I have an appointment with Ford tomorrow to check out my sick radio and fix my trailer plug in. I have had a H2O on order through Bass Pro for 2 weeks and it was still on backorder Sunday, so I cancelled the order and hoped to order an XOG. Couldn't figure out why they hadn't credited my gift card and bonus rewards points, so I call them and they inform me that they are sending me a check for it instead. So I guess I will pick one up in town tomorrow. Tonight my moose of a great dane stepped on my foot. So far I don't think she broke anything but it sure hurt! I guess adversity will make me stronger.

Only a couple days left! I've been working a lot this week but am slowly starting to gather my gear up too. Sorry to hear about the truck Barb! Winter is tough on all of us! crazysmile

I also made a fresh batch of Apple Pie last night!

We're leaving dark o'early on Friday morning!

Sorry your not coming Tami, all us gals could have had a riot. We will definitely be outnumbered. Maybe we will see ya at the piggy perchin in March. My 2 year old battery was shot!! shocked

The poor radio had to be jerked out and sent back to the factory shocked No tunes to listen to on the way to the bash. cry

lisa, you will get bored and want to go back to work by sat. J/K. smirkgrin good luck looks like the weather might be somewhat kind to ya. what does a lake trout fisherperson use for bait? never fished for lake trout before.

I wish you were coming Tami! You'll be missed friend!

Dang Barb!! Maybe you should trade in that Ford,huh? winkwinkgrin I'll email you my cell # ok? Call me when you get to Ely. I'm sure we'll be on the ice early tomorrow morning. I can't wait!! 3 WHOLE days off!! laughlaughlaugh

But I love my pumpkinmobile. Able to leap snowdrifts in a single bound....... Well maybe sometimes!!!! sick

Pumpkinmobile.jpg

It is a very nice looking Pumpkinmobile! laughlaugh

glenn, sometimes I use no bait with the tackle I tie on! I screws up the action when it's sinking down. You can also use ciscoes or smelt (but not from L. Superior).

I really don't think I'll miss work one single time this weekend either!! I'm so excited!

Well, Lisa, Jim and I are acknowledged Toyotaphiles, so it's no mystery why we make fun of Fords. gringrin

Glenn, most Burntside laker anglers use the same jigging lures as we use for walleyes, though some use slightly larger versions. It's a matter of being a lot more aggressive with jigging than with walleye, though, because lakers love to chase and are vicious strikers and hard fighters.