• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

You tickle me!

OK just checked an old post and this is what just tickles me about you guys. Lisa started a post "Ice Fishing laugh " Notice the big smile, on November 19th. ALL OF YOU were so excited couldnt wait for the lakes to freeze, all summer I have seen picture of remodeled fish houses and so on. AND NOW! less then 2 months later!? Everyone wants it warm again confusedconfusedconfused

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, woke up to -28 today, -24 yesterday, -20 the day before do you see a trend here? The cold wouldn't bother me so much if I could get out on my lake and fish, but with about 18-24 inches of snow on the lake and probably a foot of it is slush and no way to plow a path it is downright depressing. I have several small lakes around that I consider honey holes, but can't get on them. I am rapidly getting cabin fever, so now I will have to head for lakes that have plowed roads.

The cold wouldn't bother me so much if I could get out on my lake and fish

That I can totaly understand. I guess if your 'trapped' winter would really stink and being able to dress warm and go fishing or other winter activities would make a huge difference. I guess I'm jealous of you because here our summer activities are limited to days where you can actually breath when you open your front door, and our winters are no fun because there are no seasons here. Winters here are probably similar to your cool spring or fall nights even some summer nights. Why do people move here?

it IS amazing how the slush can stay slush, with sub-zero temps, ice below it and snow on top. simply amazing - shocked

Snow is an amazing insulater. As far as the cold, quit whining and get out fishing!! eekeekeekcool

ole

I haven't been out all week, so if the slush is freezing thats awesome. Maybe it does take 30 below to freeze the stuff.

the last 2 weeks with the cold temps ( not like right now but cold enough ) there was no sign of freezing untill the stuff was stired up, then it would freeze rock hard.

So any word on the lakes way up north, like Burntside, is that ice finally getting safe?

I think I may be able to maneuver my way out on my favorite lake X, so I will try and check tomorrow and see if there is slush there. You may need to check the regional forums to find out about those.

Quote:

So any word on the lakes way up north, like Burntside, is that ice finally getting safe?

Lisa has been working a ton and monday is only day off so we are going to head to Burntside for a day trip so we will give a first hand report. I might go up by myself on sunday for a test run.

This is a typical Midwest America conversation... If the weather is hot we complain that we want it cold... IF the weather is cold we complain that we want it hot.

When will we make up our mind?

Or on second thought maybe this is a good thing since it does give us something to talk about on these forums smilesmile

Balmy -8 up here tonight with calm winds, just got back from taking the dog for a 2 mile walk. Actually kinda nice out there. If you think you have cabin fever, lotsa pent up energy in that dog from sitting around the house for the last 3 days wink