• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guess what my dog ate now...

prov1900

My Chesapeake Bay Retriever, sometime in the middle of the night, got a hold of one or two of the handwarmer packets and apparently liked them.

Her diarreah is charcoal black, due to the fact (I imagine) the activated charcoal within the packet.

I called my vet and they didn't seem too concerned, however wanted me to bring her in to treat the diarreah.

The dog acts fine, other than the liquid black stuff coming our her rear end.

I know that activated charcoal is used as an "anti-poison".

Anyone with experience in this?

Hey, activated charcoal is what makes scent blocker and scentlok work, I bet your dog is "scent free" for a month!!!

In all seriousness, it sounds like he is fine and I cerntainly hope everythign turns out ok.

yesterday, my lab decided to check out my money clip. The boy has taste. Chewed up the 10s and 20s only a few bite marks in the 1s, D.L. and a couple of credit cards are toast. I called the wifey this morning and asked her if she had seen any change laying around, she said no why? I told her that I was hoping he would at least give me some change back

my 1 yr. old yellow lab ate a tube of desitin butt cream last week. called the vet. she said it was natural products (fish oils?) and he'll be fine. well the puke in the carpet smelled pretty minty for the next day. boy he was sick but is fine now. how long till the chewing stage is over?

I called the wifey this morning and asked her if she had seen any change laying around, she said no why? I told her that I was hoping he would at least give me some change back

Then you could have changed his name name to Barack!

A while back my parents baught a [PoorWordUsage]zou or how ever you spell it and she had and still has a fasination with baloons one time my youngest brother left a back of them on the ground and she ate all of them. Didn't take long for them to come out either. Let's just say I was't going to "taste that rainbow"

I don't care who you are.... That is darn funny.... Activated charcoal is a product that our ambulance is allowed to give to patients when they overdose on certain medications.

And the giving back change is great... Might be our new stimulus package at work?? Never know...

Ouch! Hope everything is all right!

A couple weeks ago my Lab polished off close to a full bag of Halls coughdrops, wrappers and all. Gave him some water/hydrogen peroxide and he threw everything up just fine luckily.

My good friend is a small animal surgeon at the U of M. He's told me of some pretty nasty/funny things he's pulled out of dogs (condoms, etc). I think the one that took the cake was when he had to remove a used colostomy bag that a dog had decided to eat!

A friend of mine got back to the states after working in Antarctica for a year. He had a wad of cash so he had a guy build him 5 custom rods with Loomis blanks. Sweet rods. Anyway, after an evening of walleye fishing he stops by the local tavern for a burger. When he gets back to his rig he notices his new pup had chewed all the new rods to pieces. That dog found a new home a few months later. That bugger would chew everything in sight.