• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Fiberglass

bassNspear

Without going into the whole "who designed and built what" these boats are built at the Triton Factory, NOT at the Lund factory.

One has to ask himself "what makes a Lund?". Is it the name by itself, is it the people that built it or the history? Maybe this boat could have just been a new Triton model and not been called a Lund?? It's just a Brunswick product at this point, and there is another discusion on a different site that goes pretty deep into this.

IMHO I have seriously looked at them and will pass on ownership of one. For the price point they are at I do not feel that they are better than their more respected competition. Again, IMHO if it's going to cost me the same as the "standard" you have to give me more for my money and I do not feel they come close to that. This comes from a guy that has owned only Lunds for the last twenty years. It's not a bad boat and it appears to be built well but I don't feel it's quite in the same class of boats that it's price puts it in. Ever priced a 208 Pro V?

I'm not sure if it's in the class of a Triton or a Ranger but it is really close.

Especially on price, ouch! Price out the 208 Pro V and tell me you'd rather have it than a 620 for the same price. And you can get the Rangers and Tritons with different colored motors if you so choose. I personally think if they where to knock 20% off the price they might have something but to try and break into the market against one of the most highly respected boats in the biz is going to be very hard, especially once you get out of the midwest.

I bought one last year. I love the boat. When i was looking at boats i priced out the lund 186 fisherman GL with a 175 verado and a ranger reata. IN MY OPINION they are pretty close to the same boat. They were also about the same price where I looked. Im a Lund guy so i went with the lund. I could not have been happier with it. I had a few issues with it but it was the dealers fault. Nothing to do with the actual boat.

I bought a lund fiberglass Cherokee last year, I think its an 86'. Did a little work on the front deck and now it looks pretty good. All I have left is a paint job this spring. I know its not the same boat you guys are talking about, but hey, I only paid $1500 for it....

I would question that

Triton makes those hulls

not to say that means anything

i remeber warrior came out they busted a bunch

and would not stand behind them

i still wouldnt by either

i bought a new yar craft

and i was at the factory saw how that boat was built

i'm 56 it will long out last me

i had old crestliner angler (glass boat) it was the only thing i ever bought in my life that was 10 times better than the salesman said it would be it was a tiller

i bought a 2095dcx yar craft last yr its a wheel boat at first i was like a fish outa water with it not quite the boat control of a tiller

I have a RV up on winnie so its a great big water boat

150 e tec lots of power

i had heard that they have split 3 hulls in flw and pwt

The only two glass Lunds in either of these series was Ted Takasaki FLW and Mark Brumbaugh PWT. Takasaki I believe was runner up for angler of the year on the FLW Tour. I never heard of any issues with these hulls from anyone or anywhere.

If you're going to post stuff like this you should have better information than I heard. What kind of facts do you have?

Originally Posted By: croix walleye 6
i had heard that they have split 3 hulls in flw and pwt

The only two glass Lunds in either of these series was Ted Takasaki FLW and Mark Brumbaugh PWT. Takasaki I believe was runner up for angler of the year on the FLW Tour. I never heard of any issues with these hulls from anyone or anywhere.

If you're going to post stuff like this you should have better information than I heard. What kind of facts do you have?

I agree. let's check our facts before stating something as serious as hull spliting.