• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter riding

Ryoushi

I haven't seen enough snow yet this year that I can't get around in with just my stock tires. Even out on the ice isn't bad, but I don't have as much experience out there.

Yesterday I got hung up on a snow pile along the edge of the road. It was over 2 feet deep and ice chunks in it from plowing the road. I just dug the snow out by hand and pushed it out. I know that wouldn't be the case on the ice though. If I was going to be on ice, I would put some studs back in my tires.

Have the tracks been floating good in the snow this year fishy? Or has it been too cold and the snow is still light?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really haven't been out much. Plowing is all I have really done, it's pretty sad I have only been Ice Fishing twice this year, once with the portable and the other time with the wheel-house. Planning to take the wheelhouse out again the 22nd thru 25th. Last time I was on URL the tracks stayed on top of most of the snow, I don't think I made it down to the ice except where I plowed.

Snowmobiles are a different animal.When you try to turn,they take a little while to do so, not like a wheeler. When you get stuck with a sled, your day is usually over, unless you think sweating like a pig and slaving away to get the worthless,heavy snowmobile out of the snow is part of the ride or fun? The only time you feel the power of a sled is in ideal conditions when traction is excellent. Then when your on the gas all the time you have to go put over 10 gallons of gas in the pig!Which won't last you very long! Nope,not for me, I'll stick to my wheeler.
When was the last time you rode a sled. The only advantage a wheeler has is that its versatile that is the only reason I now use a wheeler sure not for the power or turning abillity. I'm actually thinking of buying back my Wildcat being washington county does not allow wheelers on the road.

I have never owned a sled but have rode alot. I've had a wheeler for 11 yrs. The both are great. But over all, a wheeler is much more versitle. You really can't compare them - they are apples and oranges. They both have there pluses and minuses.

Both are fun, but as far as a functional all around unit I'd go with a wheeler.

Soooo--- when is the next the ride planned????