• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Winter Things"

Oh my gosh he is cute. Even if I have declared war on squirrels. You inspired me to get out for the sunrise this morning. I'm determined to find something wonderful in a prairie sunrise--a whole different animal from these and your previous posts. I guess I need to try it again on one of those 'Jonny Redhorse' magical mornings when the frost is on the trees (grasses, cornstalks) or the fog has settled in, but I'll find it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks everyone!.....Birdsong,I really enjoy the scenery images also(as you can tell)...it's not"just"the birds/wildlife for me.I've always enjoyed the beautiful scenery as well here in northern Minnesota...........I hear ya Jay!that's not a birding station, it's a squirrel feeding station...lol!and the deer chomped up every little morsel of black oil on the ground! cry....few chickadees there and a couple gray jays this morning....I caught a few redpolls leaving the area when I arrived....yesterday there was a downy and a hairy....don't think it will ever have the numbers as the S.admiral....maybe it just takes time...we'll see grin

Great stuff, Jonny. If those squirrels get so big they start threatening to eat the birds, you can always call in the retired Marine sniper who lives just down the road. No doubt he's just itching to shoot something. Hope it won't be one of us. gringringrin

You know Steve!,I gotta laugh grin..as Jim and I approached the "Snipers UniBombers" corner this morning(I got yesterdays great gray images 150 yards from his house)...I had 1 eye on his house and 1 eye in the trees the whole time as I drove slowly in front of his place wondering what to expect....I saw smoke coming out of his chimney and was wondering if he had me in his gunsights!....that guy is one strange dude! for sure!....I've never seen the guy but that whacked out killer in the movie "fargo", as he's grinding up his buddy in the woodchipper, leaves an impression in my mind! grin

Jay, finnbay and I have seen and spoken to him. He followed us for a couple miles and then quizzed us on where we were from when we stopped to photograph an owl.

He does that to a lot of people, and has gotten more active than that, as in throwing rocks at birders' vehicles and getting in some pretty nasty verbal confrontations.

The St. Louis County Sheriff's Department knows all about him.

The "Sniper" should take up photography...he's got a birders paradise right in his backyard!....probably in his kitchen tonight wrapping up pipe bombs or other WMD's for the next group of photogs /birders!....Oh Ya, I met his "brother" a couple weeks ago up at Stingy Lake!...lol! grin