• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So Excited to be Fishing on the Ice again. Yippie!!!!

No puppies for our type of dog till she is at least 2yr's old, she just turned one, we have english mastiff's.

That's pretty funny about that dog tapping his foot.

I'm hoping we can fish at least one more time, we had a lot of slush too, but it's been cold again, so hopefully fishing season isn't over for us yet.

Haven't heard from the second interested party about my fish house yet. Maybe he has backed out, don't know. Yesterday my hubby brought all my tackle and stuff in to the house, I sorted and organized it all, he set everything up in his big house, said if possible he will pull it out on the lake to fish in it, I hope so. It looks nice and cozy in there with everything reorganized. Will let you know if it happens.

Happy fishing,Diana

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It WAS nice yesterday and guess what?? I was at work.... smirksmile What a broken record huh?? Lol laugh

Barb, you are an icefishing machine this year! That's very cool! Are you gals for sure fishing this weekend on URL? Catch a couple for me ok?

Diana, it's supposed to be chilly up north this weekend. Are you fishing this weekend?

I am even more excited today as I made it out on my lake for the first time since December. crazycrazylaugh I went out from a neighbors property and fished for only an hour and a half but it felt so good. I took the wheeler down by my shoreline and the whole shore on that end of the lake is on massive drift. I figured maybe Monday I would take the wheeler and start attacking the drift with my plow from the lakeside. Then my friend came by in the afternoon with his snowmobile and packed it down for me. I would have fished longer but it was cooooold, windchill somewhere around -20 to -25. I didn't catch anything, the holes kept freezing up on me. Headed to Upper Red on Friday.

Lambjm do you have to drive though Bemidji on your way to URL? That's where I live, the road to my ice house is so rough from the melt that my fishing buddy got two flat tires on his house trying to remove it this last weekend. Were waiting for more snow before we remove mine, hubby emptied it out last weekend, if we do go fishing this weekend, he will take his big one out there with the wheels on it, much easier for him. It's -15below this morning, that's without the windchill, don't know if there's any wind yet.

Our female dog is in heat, the male is going nuts, I've been watching him closely now that it's to the worst part of the heat, no fishing for me till at least this weekend. My son is maybe coming to town with his family this weekend also. Haven't seen my grandaughter since Christmas, will have make sure and see them along with scheduling in a bit of fishing.

Stay warm everyone. Diana

No I don't go through Bemidji, I go cross country from Deer River. I don't envy you with a dog in heat and also having a male in the house. I need to get out and fish as much as I can from here till ice out, as the darn cold weather and all this snow has kept me off of the lakes this winter. I am going through ice fishing withdrawals!!!

that must mean you go thru squaw lake and turn left in northome. laughsmile watch out for thatcop in deer river. bmc. hehe J/K. NICE GUY! oh yea good luck on red. i wouldnt go there but... bowstring is closer and fishing as comparable.

I can't wait to get up north. From the reports that I have been getting it sounds like it may be a great weekend for fish. My buddies at work have been going up in the am and by noon have some good fish and plenty of bites. Also the people that are going with are a riot.

that must mean you go thru squaw lake and turn left in northome. laughsmile watch out for thatcop in deer river. bmc. hehe J/K. NICE GUY! oh yea good luck on red. i wouldnt go there but... bowstring is closer and fishing as comparable.

We going there for the fellowship, fun, food, drinks, oh yeah and we might actually catch some fish. laugh I don't worry about that cop over in Deer River, he gotsa catch the pumpkinmobile first j/k!!!! shocked

Pulled my perm off the ice on Saturday, it was a bit rough going but we made it. It didn't sell yet though, had a couple of different people interested. Hubby doesn't want to deal with loading it on a trailer every season, his wheel house is easier to deal with. The season is pretty much over for me. Might get out there for the JC's perch tournament this year, haven't ever been in a tournament yet.

Stay warm everyone,Diana

EEEEEEHAAAAAA.......Went fishing with my buddy to a small lake, looking for sunnies or crappies. Right before the sun went down I hit 3 really nice sized crappies, he had to get back home or I might have caught more. Maybe I have finally broken my long streak of bad luck when it comes to crappies. Gonna hit them hard today.

Got out for a while yesterday, didn't take the otter and just fished in the open. Kinda breezy, holes kept freezing up, line kept icing up, only 2 crappies and a rock bass. Nice size to the crappies though, I have enough for dinner tonight. Been snowing lightly here all day. I won't go out today, have to get all my gear packed for the Perchin Party.

My ice fishing house is retired. It is going to be our shed. Hubby said no more putting it up on a trailer to move. He's got one I can use next year but it's so heavy I'll have to wait till way after Christmas to go fishing. Shoot! We've got all my stuff moved into his big house for next year. I'm gonna miss my own though.

Sure got walloped with the snow here in Bemidji. At least 10" plus drifting. It's suppose to get down to -20 tonight. Hope it's the last of the cold weather. The roads are glare ice too. Wouldn't want to end up in the ditch with it this cold, or anytime for that matter.

Everyone stay warm and safe. Diana

Well, at least your fishing isn't over for good. You'll still get out! Maybe you'll just have to pick yourself up a portable huh? laugh Then you can go out 1st ice, bring a Buddy Heater and get yourself a comfy seat and you will be set! Thanks for the great fishing reports this year and letting me live some fishing-less times through you! Here's to more ice fishing next winter! cool