• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So Excited to be Fishing on the Ice again. Yippie!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making a list of things to bring for the sleep over in fish house Friday night. I'm getting excited for the weather to be up past 0 degree's. Staying positive that it will continue to rise. We're suppose to get some snow, if the wind stays down it's going to be a banner day for an ice fishing tourney.

I'm bringing the big 33cup coffee maker and will have that ready for the tournament workers when they show up Sat. morning. I'm sure they will like that.

I'm so looking forward to fishing again, haven't been out since Sunday night. So that meant I had to get something done in the house, how boring is that! lol

Happy fishing everyone.

Diana

Diana,

How'd the fishing tournament go? It was a nice weekend to get out and I finally DID!!

Jim (my man) and I drove up to Ely yesterday and fished Burntside for the day. We both got nada but we graphed a bunch on the Marcums but the most important thing of all was-I was ON THE ICE!! Yay me! I haven't had a day off for awhile so at about 2PM, I was just so darned relaxed in my Otter that I was dozing off too! blushgrin We watched a wolf running and rolling in the snow on the lake. I really am in awe of wolves. It was just simply beautiful. I love this lake! grin

So glad you made it out Lisa, the wolves are something to see!!!

It's been really slow on the lake, the tournament day was extremely windy with the wind comes windchill, it was too bad, that night was it was calm and nice out. Go figure.

My hubby moved my house yesterday, found out with the camera that I'm sitting on top of a log that sitting up and the minnow gets tangled on it, so he's going to pull the house forward a bit. I'm in 32' of water now, boy that's a long way down to send a minnow. All I've seen on the camera is small perch, but the big fish like to eat them. I'm hoping once the bite is on after the cold and high pressure systems I'll start reelinemin!

Good luck to you Lisa, Yahoo!!!! It's so much fun isn't it!

Diana

That's what I love about FM-we can get on here and chat about ice fishing or whatever we do in our lives that's fun. Isn't that great? I'm getting a little sappy here!! laughlaughlaugh

The wolf was really great. I know that there are a lot of negative attitudes in the north country about wolves but no one can deny how simply beautiful and awesome they are.

I sure wish I could get out on the ice more though!! Keep up your reports girls-I love hearing 'em! I can't wait to get back up on Burntside in a couple weeks and hopefully get some pics too! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself with a WHOLE weekend off and only icefishing on the agenda! Feels like ole times again!! laughlaugh

I closed up my Ice House till the cold snap goes through. Then I have to wait till hubby has time to move the house forward a bit. Hope it isn't too long. It's suppose to get cold and winding here in the North.

Have a great time Fishing this Weekend Lisa, I know your going to.

Diana

Sad news. We are going to be selling my fish house, we have a nibble on it already, gonna miss the place. Hubby said it's getting too hard to move every year and he has a big one with wheels, mines a skid house. Our trailer is too short and it's a nightmare he would rather not deal with. I'm kind of sad about it but I do understand. It's been such a comfy little place. And it was all mine. Who wants to help me wave goodbye to an old friend soon. Whaaaa.

I'll still get to go fishing, just won't be the same house.

Happy fishing to all. Diana

I did go fishing on Monday, I had a big northern up to the hole but I gave it some slack when I saw what it was, I was hoping it would let go, it took the hook and took off. I did have a few perch, I'm thinking when it warms up again it will pick up.

Thanks for the reply Lisa, I'm sure you know how much fun I had in my little house.

Happy fishing,Diana

We have had really warm weather, the Ice is super slushy, haven't been able to get to my house for almost a week now. Our pup is in heat too, now I may have to forget about the ice fishing for a while, hope I can get out there another time before the house sells, there is another interested buyer at this time.

Has anyone been catching anything? Diana

I don't have any fishing reports to speak of! I know that the Carlton Winterfest Icefishing Contest was cancelled today though because the lake has too much standing water on it. frown

You're going to be having some puppies in a few months maybe? As I was leaving work today, there was a man playing polka in our the community room and his little Westhighland Terrier was tapping his little foot-I kid you not! It was the cutest thing watching the little guy grooving on that polka! laughgrin