• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Permanent house get together

hovermn

Every season, there are many people interested in ideas for their permanent house. I propose we have a permanent house get together sometime this season on a metro lake. Of course, the best part of this would be, unlike the portable mod show, we can fish at the same time!

Anyone with a drop down or other type of perm. house willing to join? I know I'm interested in seeing what others have come up with for their layouts and design, and I'm sure other permanent owners feel the same. I think this could be a lot of fun!

Whatcha think? Anyone interested?

Dont get me wrong here... I fish out of a friends perm all of the time... So go with me....

Isn't every time you go out to your shack a "get together" with the rest of the guy's in shanty town? I am always looking around when I go to visit other shacks.

Just a different perspective perhaps.

I guess the idea is to have a bunch of people with perms get together in one location to check out everyone's ideas. Pictures are great, but don't give you the feel of the house, space, and feel.

When I'm on the lake, I don't find myself going to each house asking if I can take a quick peek. Some people don't have a problem doing that, some do. This would open up several houses to those that wouldn't.

Anyway, it was just a thought. Again, after seeing so many threads from people looking for ideas on building, buying, and laying out a perm, it seems like a good idea.

With theft seeming to be the norm for unattended permanent houses, I really don't want anyone to see the inside of my house. I prefer to keep the inside of my house private among friends so other's don't know what can be looted. I don't suspect others at my house to be crooks, but word of mouth travels pretty fast about the amenities various houses have in them.

When I'm on the lake, I don't find myself going to each house asking if I can take a quick peek. Some people don't have a problem doing that, some do. This would open up several houses to those that wouldn't.

I would agree with this statement, the only unnanounced visitor that is welcome at my house is the MN DNR. If this were my home and somebody knocked on the door and I wasn't expecting company I usually won't even get off the couch. In this day of cell phones stopping by unnanouced is unacceptable.

...the only unnanounced visitor that is welcome at my house is the MN DNR. If this wree my actual home and somebody knoked on the door and I wasn't expecting company I won't even get off the couch. In this day of cell phones stopping by unnanouced is unacceptable.

So if I was fishing close to you and my matches got wet or my lighter was out of fuel and I came by to see if you could help a guy out you would deny me because I did not call ahead? confused

In my oppinion that kind of thing happens all of the time. I am not saying you should let everyone in have a seat etc. But I think it is good karma to at least open the door. Especialy in shanty town. If you are out by yourself I could see that being "trolling for goodies". But out with the group????

Holy Cow! Looks like a lot of guys take themselves pretty seriously.

Anyone and everyone is welcome at my house or my fish house. I don't leave anything in it that any of you would want to take the time to steal anyway.

I might show up to something like this if it were on a south or west metro lake like say Waconia.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy

...the only unnanounced visitor that is welcome at my house is the MN DNR. If this wree my actual home and somebody knoked on the door and I wasn't expecting company I won't even get off the couch. In this day of cell phones stopping by unnanouced is unacceptable.

So if I was fishing close to you and my matches got wet or my lighter was out of fuel and I came by to see if you could help a guy out you would deny me because I did not call ahead? confused

In my oppinion that kind of thing happens all of the time. I am not saying you should let everyone in have a seat etc. But I think it is good karma to at least open the door. Especialy in shanty town. If you are out by yourself I could see that being "trolling for goodies". But out with the group????

I would always be willing to help a fellow fisherman out, please don't get me wrong there.

I typically only bring my house out on the larger lakes and I will almost always setup a great distance away from any others, typically a few hundred yards away if possible.

I will usually drive cross country on the lake and plow myself a small area with the atv to attempt to keep away from the crowds whenever possible.

In reference to "calling ahead" and "not answering the door" I was referencing my home not my fishouse