• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Vex?

Ol' Lund

Why does someone always seem to bring the fact that they love a Marcum into this. GREAT for you! Kudos that you love it and I hope you catch fish with it. If you have no help to give the guy on which Vex he should buy, stop hijacking the posts. And BTW, that can get you banned.

Easy there fishing4life.....

I'm pretty sure the guy is just trying to help. Obviously Ol' Lund is new to ice fishing and is looking for suggestions. Maybe he's not sure about all the options out there. I don't know if it applys here but some noobs refer to all flashers as Vexilars, i've heard it plenty of times. I think you're taking message board etiquette a liitle too serious. Banned? Gimme a break. We're all on here to exchange info. and chat. Relax.

That being said, I have a new Fl-18 that hasn't seen the hardwater yet..... can't wait to get er fired up this year. smile

Boy you “Vex” guys are sensitive gringrin

Seriously, I do want to apologize for “High-Jacking” this thread last evening. I seen he had a good full page of feed back on the first page and did not think a plug for the Marcum would offend anyone. I guessed wrong smile

Like I said on my last post, I would go all out if buying a Vex… An FL-20 with all the bells and whistles.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone with my post’s smile

AAAAHHHH the gift card,thats how I got my new flasher last year.Whatever model you choose will open up a whole new world of fishing for you.Shackbash sorry for the dig on your pics,that is a nice fish by both you and your son.We can debate the flasher wars on another thread.

Be sure to camp out on the Vexilar site, there is a bunch of helpful information on how to use it, take care of it, accessories, etc.

Very helpful information if you are new to flashers. The new unit will also come with helpful DVD.

Oh ... if you go the route of buying a reconditioned unit by buying directly from their offices in Bloomington - I think they give you a free Vex hat of your choice and towel (~$20 value). You'll save some money this way and still get the full 2 year warrenty from Vexilar.

Vex is a great product.

Tom Z is also a top notch guy with great customer service.

A FL18 would be my choice in the line of Vexilar.

If you fish around a bunch of other flashers I might reconsider.

Before you flop a bunch of cash out go see how they look around a bunch of other guys using a flasher.

I still own 2 Vexilar flashers,but I made the switch to Marcum.

I had too much clutter that no matter where I put the IR button I could not see my small baits.With all of the fishermen in the area nowadays.

Having said that go make your choice.

Keep in mind that what you buy does not reflect who you are.

It seems like if you talk against Vex or Marcum then the other guys acts like it was a personal attack.

Hardly....

It seemed like you are just looking for some good info.

There have been many points about which Vex to buy.

Listen to them.

Ex Vex staffer...current Marcum staffer

You can always upgrade later as their value holds fairly well.

I've fished out of a shack with 3 Vexilars (8,18,20) and a Marcum LX5. We were able to clean up any interferance no problem. One of my regular fishing buddies has a Marcum and I have Vex's, have yet to have an issue fishing with him or another Vex.

Can't say that I will never have an issue, but so far so good.

I think Ol'Lund will be very happy with his choice.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone with my post’s smile

It is a sad day when someone would be offended by posts about flashers crazylaugh Shack, I couldn't see how anyone would be offended by anything you posted.

It is a friendly discussion about all the options that are available for flashers. Just shootin' the breeze about equipment, it's all good grin

Night mode reduces the display intensity by about ~50%. It makes fishing in low light for long perieod MUCH easier on the eyes.

Without this feature my eyes start to burn under these conditions. Had this with both Vexilars and Marcums. It is not a must have feature, but it is certainly nice to have IMO.