• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

*2008 HSO/FM Deer Season Reports and Results!*

Shack

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, no more driving south for deer hunting! I live in Bagley, and drive to Aitkin/Hill City for deer hunting every year. It seems like a lot of big bucks were shot around Bagley this year. My coworker shot a big 12 pointer, weighed 202 lbs, and it's in SIXTH place in the big buck contest at the gas station/sporting goods store near my house! Coldfeet's deer looks a LOT like the one he shot, maybe coldfeet is my coworker!?

We did fine around Aitkin, I shot these two bucks on Sunday morning of opening weekend while hunting with my dad. Our area is lottery, neither of us had doe tags, and we sat literally all day on Saturday without seeing a deer (BRRR!). With the luck we'd been having, I figured we couldn't be choosey. I shot the six pointer at 8 AM and the 8 pointer at 10 AM. The 8 is the biggest deer I've ever shot rack-wise and body wise, so I was pretty happy!

bothdeerme.jpg

8point.jpg

bothdeer.jpg

Yeah there are some nice deer shot around the Bagley area, I hunt not far from there. I dont remember the 6th place buck that your co worker has up at the gas station, lol! There were for sure some nice deer on the board for the contest.

We had a van hit a nice 9 pointer in front of us on the way to Bagley Saturday night and we pulled over and helped out, not bad of a buck for hitting with a vehicle!