• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portables: Which of these?

TiNK3R

Both are nice houses but I would go with the Otter because of the better tub design and the new poles are very slick. Like I tel everyone no matter what ya get put the hyfax on it. Your tub will last a long long time with hyfax on it.

I own a Otter Ice Camo in the Cabin size and its very roomy for 1 guy but can fish 2 although that gets a bit tight. If your fishing 2 guys a lot get the lodge.

I'm going to go the other way on this. I'd chose the X2, very, very slick and strong poles, deep tub and it pulls pretty easy. Both are great huts but IMO everyone else is playing catch-up to Clam.

Go to the ice show and sit in both of them and see which one you like the best.

Both are great shelters. Both will last a long time. Both tow great. Overall, like all things now days, personal preference plays a big role in purchases.

Personally, my choice are Clam shelters. I have run the X2 for 3 seasons now, have had problems with one. My own fault, as I am extremely hard on my equipment. The other 2, I could not break them. I tried and could not. The tub, pole system, tent, and seats are top notch.

Cool accessories like the trap link system and zippered travel cover are what differentiates the X2 from others.

Oh, also, the X2 will be available as a thermal shelter this year too.

Good shopping.

you can go wrong with eather houses i like the fish traps, but the otter would do you wrong, i guess I would just see which one is the better price and get that one.

Anyone you get will give you a awesome ice fishing season, and both are very strong tubs and the fabric are strong