• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Took my 3 year old out tonight :)

summit090706

Good evening everyone. I took my 3 (4 on Tuesday) out tonight for a few hours. We setup on a field that I have seen lots of deer on in the past. We used a ground blind so he could move some and my wife would let him go smile Anyway we were sitting for about 1 hours and around 6 pm or so I let him use my fawn bleat and he hit it twice (we have been praticing) and within minutes here comes a doe running right at us. She stopped at 25 yards and was locked on us. He loved it he got to watch this deer for about 15 minutes walk in front and feed. He had brought his play bow and he kept saying I can shot it Dad. Boy what a great night... smile

It was nice to see his eye's light up when that Doe was coming into him making the fawn bleat noise. I think as I get older and have shot and seen lots of deer in my life a smaller deer doesn't excite me as much as it use to (don't be me wrong I still gets my heart pumping), but to see his eye's and his face was priceless. I told his mother, that I hope she doesn't plan on seeing us much when he gets a bit older smile

Aiden and me just put the ground blind out 2 hours prior to seeing her. We were in a good situtation where the blind was against a thick woods with grass that came right up to the window. She really didn't care about the blind, but did know that something was different.