• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

9 WORDS WOMEN USE

Iambjm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe one phrase that hasn't been mentioned. Almost every person has heard this coming from either person...but, in my experience, usually from women. The phrase "honey, we need to talk". When you hear this there is usually something big going on or some bomb shell is going to be unloaded. Such as divorce, relationship problems. It is usually never good. Phrase usually gets the attention from the other person right away.

Can't forget the nonverbal one that all guys know as The LOOK. You see that and you know you are toast.

-"honey you're so smart...." - precedes inevitable computer, household or other reading, fix, and/or writing

-"honey you're so strong...." - precedes heavy lifting, weeklong project, etc.

#10 invariably has to be silence. Funny how women can say so much without uttering a word.

Joel

another is, lets have a gals gtg. grinlaughwhistle

These are for self preservation, after all you guys probably outnumber us on this forum by a 100 to 1. Maybe even 500 to 1, we need our GTG's to regroup and have strategical conferences.

It is more fun when we men are watching tv or reading the paper and they tell us something and we just agree, then they say "you aren't even listening", and we repeat word for word what they said.... laughlaugh

Ducking quick is an art to be learned.

My hubby can't remember what I say to him even when he is listening. We have lived in Grand Rapids 2 years now and he can't even remember the name of the grocery store in town. He has always had the worst memory in the world. He is also very directionally challenged.