• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your collection pics!

Nice collection, I especially like the flying mallard, I hope to add to my collection. I got a couple mountable birds this year but did not have the extra coin to mount them. My hunting buddies and I still have an oldsquaw in the freezer shot in North Dakota that I would assume will be mounted in the near future.

You think that is a lot of birds you haven't seen nothin' until you have seen my friend's dad's collection. Its been a lifelong passion of his. They have been all over the US chasing birds for their collection. You name it, they have it hangin!

1000403ge0.jpg

and his uncle's room:

1000411sa8.jpg

1000409mb6.jpg

and those are only a few of the walls in the room! They have plenty more mounts in their hunting shack that are older and have worn out over time.

If you ever get the chance to visit the Ortonville Historical Society (or maybe it's the Big Stone County HS in Ortonville), ask to see Charles Hanson's display of taxidermy. Absolutely incredible.

But, Lip'em, that is one heck of display that your friend's relations maintain.

A picture is one thing, but to see those birds on display is absolutely mind blowing. Sometimes when I go to visit my friend in Grand Forks I can just sit in that room for hours and just take it all in!