• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Battery Life?

kingkidfisher4431

Another thing to mention is that the battery charge indicators that Vexilar uses are not terribly accurate. It is possible that the last LED is not going to come on until the battery reaches a voltage that the charger may never reach. In other words, the last LED may be calibrated to come on at 15 volts and the charger can’t get there or the indicator is properly calibrated to about 14.5 but the charger does not have enough oomph to get even that high. As I mentioned in my last post, the only way to accurately tell if the battery is charged is to use a digital volt meter.

Is this a new set up? If it is I would take it back and get one that works right. If the battery is several years old it might be time for a new one.

If I use the flasher for any length of time I leave the charger on all night. I have a battery that is 3 years old and the little trickle chargers that come with the battery has never hurt any of my batteries. I have left the charger on for 2 or 3 days with no ill effects that I have noticed.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005