• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line test strength for perch?

Teach-D

I love 2lb. test. If you use the regular slip bobber where the line goes in through the top and comes out the bottom (opposed to the bobbers where the line passes through it underwater) it goes through so nice and smooth. I've caught a few walleyes on 2 lb. test this winter. I'll always rig up at least one rod with 2lb micro ice.

I have 8 rods, 2 with 1 lb test, 2 with 2 lb test, 2 with 4 lb, and 2 with combo of superline with 4 feet of flourobarbon 6 lb.

Sunnies and perch usually gets my 1 lb or 2 lb set up (you would be surprised on the difference 1 lb vs 4 lb can make in some lakes) And I typically use my 4 lb for crappies and eyes. If crappies are finicky, I will downsize to lighter line as well just as I downsize the bait.

I like 4 pound test for perch. You can handle perch on 2 pound test but most lakes that fish for perch are full of walleye and cruising pike as well, and I like to have that 4 pound test incase a toothy critter comes swimming by. I haven't had any problems with 4 pound test for perch. Berkley Vanish works well, as done Berkley Micro Ice.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy