• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wave Wackers

Sandmannd

Looking for more information on them. I don't do a lot of back trolling and have a bow mount trolling moter. My boat is also a console boat. But the gas tank is down where the motor sits and I get water that comes up over the back. I'm sure this would cut down on that. What are other advantages? What are the costs of these? Are they worth the coin?

I dont use them, but everyone that i have talked to about them, adn the people that have bought them, love them and would never get rid of them. There not to much money, but i dont know what they are selling for being i never use them.

If you are looking for something to stop the problem that you have, this is what your going to need.

Thanks, where can I pick some up and are the Splash Guards cheaper. Kinda looking for a les expensive way of doing it cause I'm cheap smile

Boatfixer, just noticed you live in Grand Rapids. I was just up there for a wedding this last weekend. I shoulda looked you up.

Take a look at whitecap brand splash guards. They're cheaper than the wave wacker brand splashguards. I think the Wave Wacker brand ones are a bit nicer, but they both do the job adequately.

marine_man

I've been considering these also for my Crestliner Sport Angler, but I'm wondering if I can still snap my cover on without removing them. I have 3 snaps on each side of the transom. Then the cover actually goes into and around the splash area of the motor.

Anybody know if they have to be removed for that type of cover to fit. I'm going to see if they have a web site with pictures.

Nels

if the purpose to back troll is to slow your trolling speed, why not just get windsocks or troll with 5 gallon pails on each side?? i use 2 5 gallon buckets on each side when trolling and it does slow you down

Nels - I'm guessing you'll have to remove the splash guards to make your cover fit.

tacklejunkie - the advantadge of back trolling is that you don't have to contend with windsocks or 5 gallon pails, ropes and concerns about tangle.

marine_man

There's nothing that says you can't backtroll with a console. It'll be more difficult to do though as you can usually get better backtrolling control on a tiller motor than you can on a console. Hence the tiller vs console discussion.

marine_man