• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you like your Frabill lite-bite magnetic tip-up?

fatboy

fatboy,
I extended the slot by drilling it out. Now the spool slides farther away from the magnet and can be used for very light bites.

I like the light for night fishing and I like the fact that you don't get wind flags with this type of set-up. The rocket style has been around for a long time and I like them in the wind.

I typically still prefer the simple - cheap old fold up $4 tip-ups, but I like these at night for crappie and walleye.

Hi Fella's!
I have two new ones> The spool mounts have a oval slot now so you can adjust the light and heavy setting on it. The new lights still arent very efective but the unit works well detecting and flagging a hit. The spool is sensitive enough now that I can pan fish with it! In rough weather the tublar design is great and wont give false reads like a blowing flag. I made a piece of styrofoam to fit over the hole and the legs of the tripod keep it in place so now the hole doesnt freeze over easily. I like the two I bought and they are half the price of those other ones.

In warm weather they work great, but once you get freezing temps they tend to freeze up inside the tube and the flag will not pop up.
I prefer the round tip-ups that cover the hole and keep it from freezing over.
Good Fishing!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005