• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broderbund v. Adobe

I'd label myself as a casual digital photographer. Currently own a point and shoot digital, but would like to upgrade someday to the SLR. I currently don't have any photo software, and have been looking a few options the last couple times I've been in Sam's Club. They Adobe Elements Photoshop and Broderbund's The Print Shop. I know photoshop is kind of the market standard, but wonder if anyone else has used the Broderbund software. For half the cost it seems like it would meet my needs quite well.

Thanks.

Andy

Honestly I've used both and Elements IMHO is a better program. Elements has many of the features of the full blown Photoshop, it really is Photoshop Lite. There is a reason it is an industry standard. I have found Elements on line for under $40, which I think is a good investment.

I use Photoshop Elements occasionally. It is only like a $100.00 but it is a decent program for the Money. If you are on a budget, and have Microsoft Office, You can also use MS office Picture Manager. ( I use if I am in a hurry) though it doesn't do raw conversion.