• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just one today

Okay, long story short I went out looking for drumming grouse this morning in the sun but found a stray border collie running along the Echo. Drove the dog into town and left him with my wife. Put ad on radio for found dog. Drove back out to Angleworm trailhead. Got out to go photograph and ran into dog's owner. Drove back to town with dog's owner following. Got all that done, drove back out to Angleworm trailhead.

By this time it's 2 p.m., and there's a wonderful haze forming that diffuses the strong sunlight.

No grouse drumming anywhere.

Got to the shore of Agassa Lake and hunkered there for a couple hours before the light turned to mud, and only had one photo opportunity. This herring gull landed for 10 seconds and I was able to rattle off a burst and get something on the day. Just a gull and all, though I like the comp with the branches.

Well, it DID feel good to reunite the dog and the owner. grin.gifgrin.gif

Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, monopod, iso100, 1/320 at f8, evaluative metering, + 1.67 exposure compensation.

2466010360_a08ca59cfe_o.jpg

I have to admit Mr. Foss, that sounds like something I would have done! I would have loved to have been a "fly on the wall" when you first stumbled upon the borders owner! At some point in time you must have shared in a good laugh....great story!

By the way, I like everyone else on the is planet has seen gulls before, in fact they'll be buzzing around the resort all day today like they do every day! However, your capture stands out to me, for I have never seen one sitting posed on a dead tree before. Maybe this gull has been studying the feeding patterns of the kingfisher! Nice pic!

I like the pose of your gull on the dead tree, also sounds like you had an interesting day being a taxi driver for the dog and owner, but I bet you put a smile on both their faces.

Thanks

DMN