• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From Chaska to Hudson Bay

you can camp there, there's a couple of outbuildings. In fact one of them had a big dent in the ceiling. Asked Jim the caretaker about it and he said a few years ago a polar bear got in there and stood up. I believed him - he has a couple shotguns stashed around the property, and always carries. He didn't used to do that but he got treed on his shed roof for a whole day by a bear

I was thinking about this the other day - 2250 miles in 49 days is 45.9 miles per day. PER DAY. Not allowing any days that you're windbound, or bad weather. Even if you average paddling 5 MPH - pretty decent, in my opinion - you'd need to paddle straight for 9 hours per day, 49 days in a row. Not taking into account headwinds or going up-current in the Minnesota when it is super high. Or some nasty portages. Something seems fishy to me here. I certainly don't want to appear skeptical of their achievement but I find it pretty hard to believe, averaging 46 miles per day for a couple high school kids